Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, longtime lurker here...

I have been planning to get a suppressor, I like the Mystic X, and someone told me to get a NFA trust. Has anyone used any of the online sites to purchase an NFA trust to buy a suppressor or know of a local attorney that does them? A buddy of mine went through this company and received his tax stamp in only about 8 weeks, they seem like the least expensive outfit that I have seen.

www.gunsafetrust.com

·
Premium Member
31,606 Posts
There is an attorney on the MGO forums by the handle of Shyster that specializes in NFA Trusts and he deals with gun issues. He is in Dearborn and his trusts run about $400. I'm not trying to plug his services, there are other lawyers that do trusts, but I can't think of their names. He is the lawyer that represented the young man that had a M1 Garand in downtown Birmingham a few years ago. Makowski defended him. Read through his first post on the Silencers and Full Auto (NFA Firearms) sub forum for MGO (Michigan Gun Owners). His website is listed at the bottom of the post. You can also search for "trusts" on that same sub forum, others have posted on trusts for Michigan.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...akowski-Legal-Group-PLC&p=2005055#post2005055

You could probably copy your friends trust and make the appropriate changes for yourself. There are a few things to consider with a trust, such as beneficiaries, co-trustees, etc. You do not need to register the trust in Michigan. Quicken Will Maker has a trust you can create. I got a copy from the library and loaded on my computer.

Reactions: EasyLimits

·
Premium Member
31,606 Posts
This is an after thought. When creating the trust, keep the name short and simple. If you decide to send in the form to make your own silencer, you need to engrave the trust name on the item. Short names work best. I believe the rule is that the word "trust" must be in the trust name, such as "EL Trust".

Reactions: EasyLimits

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is an after thought. When creating the trust, keep the name short and simple. If you decide to send in the form to make your own silencer, you need to engrave the trust name on the item. Short names work best. I believe the rule is that the word "trust" must be in the trust name, such as "EL Trust".

Thank you very much, this information has been very helpful. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
31,606 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts