Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have some days net week with highs of 46,, i wish we had some ice around here...:bash::help:, do you think by any chance maybe well get ice this year?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. When we got good ice in December I thought this would be a good winter season with plenty of days to ice fish. Now I am just hoping to get some more ice to go out one more time. The small ponds are all open here and the short term forecast doesn't look good for ice. Is late January too late to be getting new ice in time to ice fish again?
:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Ok, in case you just moved here, this is MICHIGAN people, we will see ice again, a lot of places still have ice. In case you forgot, early-mid December was extremly cold, we just had a pattern shift. Soon, the pattern will shift again, and we will see cold for a few weeks. Pattern shifts are extremly common in Michigan in winter, which is why we ususally have several thaws in winter, in between bouts of artic blasts and snow storms.

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Plus, the water is already pretty cold so it will not take a severe artic blast to start it freezing once again.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Dont worry, there will be ice, and there will be people bitchin about not having a power auger. Be patient, it will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I agree.

I dont normally start fishing until after the winter break. Although I just bought a new shanty yesterday so I probably put the jinx on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts