Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
There are thousands of sources of news on Facebook. Well, there used to be anyway. Censorship is the name of the game now. The book 1984 is being used as an operations manual.

·
Premium Member
14,155 Posts
Google News, PBS/NPR, CBS, USAToday, NYT, Science, The local news paper (online)

But then you asked about news and not entertainment. Fox, MSNBC, CNN are entertainment channels they do not even have news shows. I also do not get my news from the editorial pages of USAToday or NYT.

·
Registered
777 Posts
There is no such thing as news anymore. Political soap opera drama source? I don’t have one. I guess 950 am local news. About as close as you get. Oh I forgot MLive.com as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
NBC in the morning, it's not all racial views and no dancing with the no-stars updates.

ABC in the evening.

Online = NBC, CNN, and what ever credible site comes up when I do a search.

·
Registered
392 Posts
There are thousands of sources of news on Facebook. Well, there used to be anyway. Censorship is the name of the game now. The book 1984 is being used as an operations manual.
There are thousands of algorithms in Facebook to put "news" or propaganda in front of you that you will believe. I don't think censorship applies to private companies providing a free platform then choosing who can use said free platform. If you go into a restaurant and stand up yelling about the service and they kick you out, are you being censored? No, a private company denied you service that they didn't have to give you anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
I read a good piece the other day that recommended Associated Press, Reuters, the Wall St. Journal and the BBC as four of the least biased news sources.

I wish I could afford a WSJ subscription. But I can also get news from Fox or CNN easily enough. If a plane blows up or an important politician says “this” then basic information is the same on each and it is easy enough to skim over a journalist adding their own context, which is usually some repetitive opinion and back-story you have heard many times before.

Mostly I just let the headlines scroll by anyway. When those include the lead sentence of an article the combination usually has just informed you of the key detail, though not always. I absolutely detest stories that are headlined “Didja hear _______ slam ______ over _______?” Those are pointless and both Fox and CNN are chock-a-block with ‘em.

I can also read National Review & The Nation just fine and not melt down over an opinion I don’t agree with.

A lot of money is made telling people they can believe what they want to hear. Whatever you wish to believe, there is someone out there ready to tell it to you. It’s up to you to consider things you wish weren’t true, and consider them carefully. Reality always wins in the end.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Being a politician really doesn't pay that much. The vast majority of them take big pay cuts when elected because, generally speaking, a successfully elected human was already a professionally successful human.

Maybe by "others" you mean trust fund kids like our current POTUS? IMO, even that isn't untrustworthy on its face - who among us wouldn't want to have the ability to pave an easy road for our children? The money has to go somewhere - nobody has yet figured out to transfer it to a bank account accessible in the afterlife.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Are you a fan of George Soros and his group of 70 billionaires ?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
The babylon bee is great too.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Imagine if the Capital protesters were armed with Slurpies. Imagine it the journalists got whacked with one every time they added their slant.
The last people in the world that should be allowed a voice in determining the slant the news puts on a situation should be the protesters, rioters, or insurrectionists, no matter what the venue. Whether in DC or some inner city, everyone of them would be outraged if they weren't labelled as the righteously aggrieved.

·
Premium Member
10,598 Posts
The last people in the world that should be allowed a voice in determining the slant the news puts on a situation should be the protesters, rioters, or insurrectionists, no matter what the venue. Whether in DC or some inner city, everyone of them would be outraged if they weren't labelled as the righteously aggrieved.
So you're saying I should have included the sarcasm emoji?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Are you a fan of George Soros and his group of 70 billionaires ?
What I'm not a big fan of is conspiracy theories peddled to stir up the stupid. You only know the man's name because it was easy to get that sector of Americans angry about a billionaire jew that had an interest in politics. He's no more influential than the Kochs.

As an aside, I've never been "a fan" of anybody that's famous simply for being rich, lol. I'm not looking for a sugardaddy, so why would I be?

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
NPR is truthful but their bias shows through. Usually in about five seconds.
That is true, but they do the best job at just reporting. Everything will have some bias, just human nature.

I am ok with it since it isn't their opinion being force fed to me through selective reporting and spin. They just tell you what happened and then have a few people talk about it. I like that, because I can actually listen to it and form my own opinion vs being pissed and just tuning it out.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
C-Span and the C-Span website. Video straight from the horse's mouth.

The great thing about being retired and staying home hiding from the virus, I can read something then say WTF and do a websearch to find the truth. What amazes me is the lack of comprehension by people about what is said or written.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Being a politician really doesn't pay that much. The vast majority of them take big pay cuts when elected because, generally speaking, a successfully elected human was already a professionally successful human.

Maybe by "others" you mean trust fund kids like our current POTUS? IMO, even that isn't untrustworthy on its face - who among us wouldn't want to have the ability to pave an easy road for our children? The money has to go somewhere - nobody has yet figured out to transfer it to a bank account accessible in the afterlife.

i really believe it is the benifits that they have available to them and receive. there is a lot of corrupt politicians out there , some to the left and right. how much did olc [cortiz] make before she got elected , she was a barmaid.

·
Premium Member
10,598 Posts
Either that, or not given them the protester label rather than the one they earned.
What if I was only talking about the peaceful protesters, not the ones that breached the Capital building?

Or is only the left (MSM) licensed to define peaceful vs terrorist?

P.S. When you gonna invite me fishing? It needs to happen. I'll buy the bait, drill your holes, and even find some fish for ya!:D

81 - 100 of 124 Posts