Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Right, wrong or indifferent. It's not necessarily political to mention that a president avtually made a change to a law or policy. I didn't offer an interpretation for his reasons.

·
Premium Member
30,249 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I think you can make an accurate guess at the spin before you turn it on.
True but sometimes their lies can lead to other truths.

Has anyone's new source mentioned all of the DOE nuke sniffers that have been flying missions over US cities lately? Like this one over Des Moines, Iowa Wednesday night? Why would they be looking for a (dirty)nuke in Iowa? (Give me $20 and I'll tell you why, can't discuss here ;) )

01-13-2021-23-37-07.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
I'm confused by this one. Who else is going to own a news company other than somebody that has the money to do so? Why is it en vogue to act like being rich is a bad thing? That generally means that your were more successful in your field than everybody else. That's a good thing. We should all strive for excellence and if some people are cool with mediocrity, they should exit the gene pool. Is it just a culture wide inferiority complex?
Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
They are excellent. Excellent at crafting and selling their spin. As evidenced by our election.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts

Has anyone's new source mentioned all of the DOE nuke sniffers that have been flying missions over US cities lately? Like this one over Des Moines, Iowa Wednesday night? Why would they be looking for a (dirty)nuke in Iowa? (Give me $20 and I'll tell you why, can't discuss here ;) )

View attachment 631933
Maybe the better question to ask is why are they making it easy this time to know that they are doing it?

·
Registered
779 Posts

View attachment 631933
Khazarian Mafia

·
Premium Member
28,072 Posts
Perhaps the bias is mostly in the eye of the beholder. If a paper, article, speech, etc disagrees with or disrupts one's personal views, said viewer is likely to assume it's "biased against him." There's a principle referred to, as I recall, as the pocketbook rule - if a viewpoint affects my pocketbook, I'm most likely to view it as incorrect.

Don't get me wrong - the over-sensitivity and extreme political correctness of NPR or any news source can turn me off at times, but I want facts from the news and that's where they usually live.

NPR, like all news sources, is biased - they're just the most factually accurate and LEAST biased of the major news sources.

·
Premium Member
28,072 Posts
In my experience with NPR they are extremely anti big business. When they are talking any topic that involves big companies like oil or automotive they laugh off any facts brought up in favor of big business. It can be nauseating to listen to at times. My wife listens to NPR daily. I am not a very poltical person and i hate talking politics. I really dont watch/listen to any news ever. I mostly just read online. NPR drives me nuts sometimes.

Are we talking about NPR news programs, or NPR commentary? - because they are different things.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Read some bias analyses? Read some studies on percentages of factual reporting? Read some studies about general effects on the consumers of various media sources?
"Fact checkers" are now bias.... What if the bias analyses is bias? That's just an extra step to fulfill your confirmation bias.

·
Premium Member
28,072 Posts
"Fact checkers" are now bias.... What if the bias analyses is bias?
Biased.

See - that is the thing about reading and understanding science... You don't have to "believe".

You just look at the data, look at the analysis, and determine if it is correct and unbiased.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
See - that is the thing about reading and understanding science... You don't have to "believe".

You just look at the data, look at the analysis, and determine if it is correct and unbiased.
Correct but that's now how data reaches the masses. Looking at the data an analysis is boring and takes too long. In today's need for instant answers it goes through a filter where bias can be added for taste, before being distributed.

Reactions: TK81

·
Premium Member
28,072 Posts
Correct but that's now how data reaches the masses. Looking at the data an analysis is boring and takes too long. In today's need for instant answers it goes through a filter where bias can be added for taste, before being distributed.

Post WW2 media is the least biased media in history. Prior to 1900 most media was EXPLICITLY one party or the other (see newspapers named: City X Democrat, City Y Republican, etc.).

...but it's still biased, as everything produced by humans necessarily is. So it is up to each of us to critically examine our news sources. If you don't, you get what you deserve.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Post WW2 media is the least biased media in history. Prior to 1900 most media was EXPLICITLY one party or the other (see newspapers named: City X Democrat, City Y Republican, etc.).

...but it's still biased, as everything produced by humans necessarily is. So it is up to each of us to critically examine our news sources. If you don't, you get what you deserve.
Post WW2 media right up to the dawn of the internet age was the least biased. Since then, the traditional media sources have been trying to play catch-up with the internet on bias as everything races down the toilet bowl.

·
Premium Member
28,072 Posts
Post WW2 media right up to the dawn of the internet age was the least biased. Since then, the traditional media sources have been trying to play catch-up with the internet on bias as everything races down the toilet bowl.
Current media is slightly more biased than the mid 1960's-mid 1980's. It's less biased than WW2-mid 1960's media.

It's WAY less biased than any pre-WW2 media.

·
Registered
89 Posts
"Fact checkers" are now bias.... What if the bias analyses is bias? That's just an extra step to fulfill your confirmation bias.
when BILLIONAIRES invest millions into ANY organization , they expect SOMETHING !
And I have NOTHING against millionaires that have built their riches with their hands . The ones that are politicians or "others " that are millionaires who have gained their wealth through their LIP SERVICE and handing out Kool-Aid by the gallons are the ones I personally question their validity .

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
when BILLIONAIRES invest millions into ANY organization , they expect SOMETHING !
And I have NOTHING against millionaires that have built their riches with their hands . The ones that are politicians or "others " that are millionaires who have gained their wealth through their LIP SERVICE and handing out Kool-Aid by the gallons are the ones I personally question their validity .
Being a politician really doesn't pay that much. The vast majority of them take big pay cuts when elected because, generally speaking, a successfully elected human was already a professionally successful human.

Maybe by "others" you mean trust fund kids like our current POTUS? IMO, even that isn't untrustworthy on its face - who among us wouldn't want to have the ability to pave an easy road for our children? The money has to go somewhere - nobody has yet figured out to transfer it to a bank account accessible in the afterlife.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts