Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is your favorite news source ? sometimes it is nice to be on the same page with other ms members.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
NPR, of course. Zero spin. All legitimate angles covered while skipping the conspiracies, lies, and QAnon. Pure news. It gets knocked as boring, but that's really the point, isn't it? It's not built as entertainment for the sheeple but instead as raw facts and learned opinions for the thinking man.

Also, the weekend programming is funny af but I do dearly miss click and clack from Car Talk.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
392 Posts
I like to get different perspectives so I try to get news from both sides and the middle, but nothing to extreme. Typically I go to CNN, Fox, BBC america, NPR and allsides. Allsides does a decent job of giving viewpoints from different sources on the same topic.

·
Registered
951 Posts
NPR, of course. Zero spin. All legitimate angles covered while skipping the conspiracies, lies, and QAnon. Pure news. It gets knocked as boring, but that's really the point, isn't it? It's not built as entertainment for the sheeple but instead as raw facts and learned opinions for the thinking man.

Also, the weekend programming is funny af but I do dearly miss click and clack from Car Talk.

Zero spin? Funded by the government? I disagree, but that's cool.
It's like, my opinion, man....

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Zero spin? Funded by the government? I disagree, but that's cool.
It's like, my opinion, man....
The misinformation you've received from your news sources, comically and ironically, actual makes my point succinctly.

NPR is almost entirely listener funded. It's a true experiment in the definition of democracy.
Screenshot_20210114-100839_Google.jpg

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
NPR is truthful but their bias shows through. Usually in about five seconds.
Perhaps the bias is mostly in the eye of the beholder. If a paper, article, speech, etc disagrees with or disrupts one's personal views, said viewer is likely to assume it's "biased against him." There's a principle referred to, as I recall, as the pocketbook rule - if a viewpoint affects my pocketbook, I'm most likely to view it as incorrect.

Don't get me wrong - the over-sensitivity and extreme political correctness of NPR or any news source can turn me off at times, but I want facts from the news and that's where they usually live.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Perhaps the bias is mostly in the eye of the beholder. If a paper, article, speech, etc disagrees with or disrupts one's personal views, said viewer is likely to assume it's "biased against him."

It seems in our society that if you don't like the truth the go to move is to attack the truth teller.

·
Registered
18,244 Posts
I trend towards a site about three feet out the front door.
There's the weather and sky and ground and creatures among varied sights and scents and sounds for most accurate intel..

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
It seems in our society that if you don't like the truth the go to move is to attack the truth teller.
That's a sad reality and is the basis for most of the discord. Folks used to respect truth and experts. Now it's just a game of who can play the best semantic jeopardy.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts