Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I can't believe people are excited about Newburgh lake. I have lived in the area my whole life and it's been overlooked or thought of a polluted sewer most of my life. Glad to hear and see it's coming back!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not super close to Canton, but not that far, there's a party store in Ypsi, corner of Textile and I can't recall for the life of me, Huron??? Can't recall the name of the party store, and as soon as I do will post. I little bit further from you, Peter's Hardware, just west of 23 on 36, right across from Buck lake, carry all your bait needs. I was at Peter's last Saturday, excellent bait. Not like the good old days, when we had Hudson's and Michigan Sportsman right in good old Canton!!

·
Premium Member
7,023 Posts
I'm fishing it because it is a convenient location. And I'm not fussy when I'm catching fish.
Way better time spent than watching YouTube.
I really appreciate all the information, BTW.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I remember they tried a canoe rental there at one time. Is that still operating?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
roundhouse liquor store (I think that’s the name). On the corner of bridge and textile road.
Thank You!!! I couldn't recall the cross street!! I know they sell bait!!!

Reactions: Esox31

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
not that it has anything to do with fishing Newburg lake but I am sure most of you are too young to know that Hines Drive (more by Telegraph but there too) used to be a HUGE party area back in the 70's. We all used to park our cars along the road and party hardy!! I had a built Mustang at the time.

The Wayne county sheriff would fly helicopters with spotlights on them at us at 10 pm, thats when the park closed. We would BBQ, play frisbee and just hang out and watch the girls go by in their boyfriends hot rods.

They didnt hassle us at all up until 10 pm. It was bumper to bumper from Ann Arbor Trail to where Hines drive ended at Ford Rd

Man those were the days!!!! Anytime someone mentions the area thats what I think of

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
What side out did you hang PJ?
Did some time at Haggerty, and near graph.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ha I know the spot near Haggerty. We were just west of the exit for telegraph. I can't remember the name. Probably because of fried brain cells at the time lol. Oh those were the days huh?

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Awe the parkies, lots of funny guys with funnier nicknames
Mayor
Shakey
Civil war Bill
Cooper
Mini Cooper.....

41 - 60 of 81 Posts