Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a decent spot to fish after work. I haven't been ice fishing around here, but need to get out badly. Any lakes and or tips are much appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
If you go to the cove I mentioned, watch the area that connects it to the main lake. There are stumps and reeds in there that keep it from having good ice when the rest of the lake does. It is pretty shallow there though. There are some springs, but you can see the locations in ice. Bring a spud, and watch where the other guys are.

Mike

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks like you work out at the Hyde Outlet! I live in the area and have found some pretty good spots. Check out the Winterfest on Hess Lake if Parsleys has it this year. You will see what areas of that lake to fish. There is a spot this is usually pretty crowded out there but I usually have guys fighting for my holes when I leave. I mainly fo for Pike out there and drop a pole in the water for a decent mess of crappies. There is a access road on the NW corner of the lake which will give you close access to this area. Pickeral can be good for Eyes and so is Hardy Pond. Good Luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wondering how the ice was on hess and other newaygo area lakes, as of last week they werent sure if there would be good ice by this weekend, but was wondering if the west side had safe Ice yet, as I may be making a trip over this week sometime for some sunset and after dark specs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well I havent been out yet but I am starting to see hard water everywhere. I am staying over in Fremont right now and tonight on my way home from work I saw several shanties on the south side of the lake by the launch. I have heard Bitely lake has been froze good for a while. If it continues to stay cold there should be good safe ice by this weekend on Hess and Brooks. Good Luck!:D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Inlander

I was on the south side this afternoon out from the launch. Three good hits with the spud and I was through. Didn't do a thing. About four inches total. two clear and two white. I like it thicker. Someone had been on it with a four wheeler.

Gibby:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I fished croton yesterday and only got three big gills and a bunch of little perch. Went to hess around noon and some guys were way out there catching a few specs. You had to sort through them though. Went to brooks last night and caught only one spec. Nice one though. I weigh #300+ and got around on all those lakes pretty well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts