Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an Excalibur Vortex on a trade...used bow and I'm not sure where to start as far as my set-up (string silencers?? limb silencers??) and scope (vari-zone with the x-bow version of BDC). I noticed that my scope cross-hairs aren't level with my limbs...so I assume I need to start from scratch with my scope...should I just go to my local big box store and have the guy there help get me started? I don't know where there is a good shop around me (think mom and pop shop) that deals in x-bows and I'm the first in my circle of buddies to have one.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Axiom with a viper string with the sims string stoppers made for the excaliburs. With little effort you can level the crosshairs then spend the time sighting in. I also use a lubricant called rail snot that was recommended to me by the shop that gave me my crossbow.

Posted from Michigan-sportsman.com App for Android

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have the vortex. It is one sweet shooter. May sure you wax the string and the SERVING. Also wax after shooting and let the wax soak in overnite and then wipe off any excess. Now if you only are shooting a few arrows less than 10, you do not have to wax everytime. Its the serving that wears out ususally not the string.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts