Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It will be a new world record non-typical velvet antlered buck recoqnized by P&Y. The deer was taken near the Rochester, MN area opening evening (9-13). It should score around the 210 area after the drying period. There are 5 years of sheds from this deer also. Funny side story is there were a couple big time video producers who are friends with this hunter. Hunter wanted them to come along on the hunt and video. Both crews declined as they were sure the deer would never show itself under the windy conditions and opening morning pressure. I guess it don't always pay to listen to the so called, and often times, "self bragged experts".

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
It would be great just to be able to get a buck still in velvet.

Thanks for the post Freepop, like I'm not ready to go as it is.

Arrow

·
Registered
26,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want one in velvet go to Colorado, you get to start in September too! :)

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Not to be disagreeable and no sour grapes here, but I don't really think I'd want to shoot a buck while in velvet. It just doesn't seem right to have unpolished antlers.

Just my own personal taste, and I'm sure this guy wouldn't really care what I think. I'll be lucky to ever even see a buck of those proportions!:eek:

Anyway, they ought to be nice and shiny any day now I'd think!:cool:

·
Banned
1,755 Posts
I guess I'm just the opposite as I'm very motivated to have the opportunity to take a buck in velvet. Thought that I might have that opportunity this past Saturday in Wisconsin. As of Thursday the three largest bucks in the bachelor group on the farm we hunt hadn't yet rubbed off their velvet. As it turned, I didn't see any of the bucks while hunting. My friend did see the two smallest bucks in the group in the late afternoon but we never spotted the ones we were after.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would love to just see a whitetail in the wild that big, Putting it on my wall would just be the biggest thrill of my life. That is one awesome deer.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I myself would like to take a buck in velvet, but have not had the chance yet. great looking deer, but the best part of it lies under the fur along side the spine.tenderloins(ahhhhh).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts