Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,107 Posts
I must be missing something. Sounds like the 94 fish is almost 1/2 lb heavier. Maybe that's why you titled your post "almost"?

Moonshine spoon took a 40.44lb wild origin chinook on a charter. It broke the previous Wisconsin record established in 1994 of 40lbs fifteen ounces. Wild origin fish.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must be missing something. Sounds like the 94 fish is almost 1/2 lb heavier. Maybe that's why you titled your post "almost"?
Teaser header. As i stated...almost. I still have a "dead" toolbar and can't post pics, but there is one with the total catch and this fish at the bottom. Pretty impressive, what caught my attention initially.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basically, had this fish eaten ONE more large alewife prior hitting that Moonshine spoon, it would have been a new Wisconsin record. Given his depth in the water column when he hit I would surmise he was actively feeding out of temperature. Irespective, it is still a beautiful fish as well as the catch of a lifetime!

That's a biggin. Of course he would dwarf a pile of small steelhead and skippers lol

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
You might want to reference the length reference in the non-skid pads. Those steelhead range from 26-30 inches. This chinook is actually HEAVIER than the current Michigaan record fish as well.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
You might want to reference the length reference in the non-skid pads. Those steelhead range from 26-30 inches. This chinook is actually HEAVIER than the current Michigaan record fish as well.
While I agree with you that is is an incredible fish and a catch of a lifetime, I'm confused as to why you state that it is "actually heavier than the current Michigan record"?

Product Sleeve Font Screenshot T-shirt

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While I agree with you that is is an incredible fish and a catch of a lifetime, I'm confused as to why you state that it is "actually heavier than the current Michigan record"?

View attachment 846739
Thanks for the correction. My mistaken memory. I thought if weighed-in at just under38lbs, should have checked before posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts