Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought this may interest some. These units can run on a smart phones and tablets both Android and Apple. They will also run on Windows systems using a program called BlueStacks. I have run it in demo mode on my PC. Most places don't have these in stock yet. I checked with Frank's Great Outdoors and they don't have any yet. Check Amazon or Cabela's I see the have them listed.
http://vexilar.com/info/sonarphone-mobile-depth-sounder-app/

Here are a couple of screen shots I took running on a Windows7 PC using BlueStacks to handle the free app from Vex. The screen shots are demo mode. It is user friendly and even an old dog like me can learn it. I think the pod unit is around $130 and I haven't seen any of the boat units advertised yet. I did talk with Tom Z @ Vexilar to inform him that they will run on Windows systems and to get some information on the system.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder about battery life. Seems like it would eat my phones , Galaxy 3, power up.
It probably would eat the battery with the display on 100% of the time as bright as it would go. Extra batteries are not that expensive. I was thinking about using it on a boat where the tablet's charger could be plugged into a power source 100% of the time. I want to see one in action.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts