Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally snagged some Varmint Grenade [Barnes .224 Dia.] 36 gr varmint bullets to try out in the 22-250 from Cabellas while we were out west.
Also a good supply of Hornady .224 and 6mm, and some Berger 20 and .224.
Hopefully can get some of these ready by the weekend for some chuck busting. Most of the areas grown over now, but a couple ambush sites may work. Will try to post the results then.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Huntsman27 said:
I have about 4-5 powders Id like to try. Like to see the terminal effects on chucks.
Huntsman, I would really be interested in your groups if you are going to the range with those barnes bullets and if you shoot anything with it let me know how they preformed. Thank you :)

·
Registered
6,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am resizing brass and getting things set up. I know that HB M-70 SS varmint shoots, as the 45 gr HP Win ammo is one small hole. If these bullets shoot anywhere near those groups Id be happy. Same with the 243. Hoping I can have them ready for testing by the following weekend.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Huntsman27 said:
I am resizing brass and getting things set up. I know that HB M-70 SS varmint shoots, as the 45 gr HP Win ammo is one small hole. If these bullets shoot anywhere near those groups Id be happy. Same with the 243. Hoping I can have them ready for testing by the following weekend.
Sounds good to me, can't wait to see how it turns out. I will be testing some 55gr loads in my 22-250 Target Gray Ruger this week. Good luck and good shooting. Mike :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts