Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i live in Grand Rapids Michigan
i live too fish and hunt
summer months i bass fish and on the ice i like perch and big bull bluegill i have tryed too fish walleye but dont seam too have any luck i am looking for a guide too go with
too get the hang of it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I live in Ypsilanti but have never fished Ford or Belleville Lake, any pointers? I like to go to Orchard Lake and Whitemore early in the morning, less power boaters around. Bass is the main thing but usually it is anything that is biting!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Personally, I spend most of my time in Oscoda. However, my mission this year is to find "big water" closer to home, like Sanilac or something. I'm in Lapeer, and I know that there's good fishing out of the thumb, I just haven't fished any of the waters yet. I got my start in Oscoda during the fall runs with an older boat. Now that I have a real boat, I'd like to find somewhere closer to home.
http://www.usol.com/~magnus

·
Registered
82 Posts
I live in the Western UP, I fish mostly on Lake Superior and attempt to get to Lake Gogebic as much as possible. There are many small lakes in my area but even though I always plan to explore more I always seem to run out of time. All Work and no play . . . .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I live in the Saginaw area. I try to fish the Saginaw Bay when weather permits. If the weather is too bad to chase perch on the bay,I just have to suffer and fish for walleye in the Saginaw and Tittabawassee Rivers.

G

·
0 Posts
I am in sales and have the fine state of Michigan as my territory. I usually spend one or two nights a week away from home and manage to squeeze in more than my fair share of fishing. I live in Royal Oak.
I am on my second float tube as the first is looking kinda tired. Too many miles and smiles! I fish a lot of the smaller lakes in Oakland County for everything from pike to 'gills.
We hit Lake St. Clair this spring for smallies and wore out our arms after a few hours. Clouser minnows seemed to be smallie magnets last year.
I also spend a lot of time trout fishing some of Michigan's great rivers for salmon, steelhead and trout.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Moved to Michigan last year. I'm still trying to figure out where to fish. I live in Belleville and as such started fishing on Belleville Lake. I have found a nice smallmouth spot behind some apartments. Caught one that was just shy of 4lbs. I have also fished the Huron at Flatrock. On the right day largemouth fishing can be awesome. Still waiting to hook a steelhead. Maybe this spring. The strangest thing I've caught was a 14" Brown trout in the middle of summer in Newburgh Lake. I don't have a boat, Any suggestions for shorline fishing in my area. I love trout fishing and will be at the Huron at Proud Lake and Paint Creek in Rochester this year.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
I live in Honor Mich, and there is no better place to live, if you like fishing, hunting, and snowmobiling. In fact, Sports Afield voted Honor the best town in Michigan for outdoor sports, which also makes it one of the top 50 towns in the USA. Fish the Platte, Betsie, and Big manistee, with occasional forays to the Boardman. Really get wound up in the fall when the cohos show up. Other wise always looking for someone to fish with, especially surf fishing in the fall, as long as you can keep a secret. I know a few spots that have produced well for me off the beaches in the area, and am always willing to try to help if I can, or better yet, recieve advise. I'm sure most of you are better than I at fishing steelies, I do have over 20 years experience at steelie fishing, but always learn something new every year. Give me a hollor sometime, I'll try to arrange a time when I can go.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I live near St. Joe. I live to fish the big lake in the summer months. The steelhead and kings call me. I can hear them now. My favorite type of fishing for them is downriggers and surface lines. There is something about the screaming of the lines when a huge king slams a downrigger!

Ben

·
Registered
63 Posts
Steve, I have yet to make it out to any water out that way. Most of my fishing buddies live in Oakland County and it is hard to convince them that there is good fishing over here. That is a goal of mine for this summer!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Chad in Osceola Co. here. Lots of small lakes to explore, but especially favor the Muskegon River for smallmouths.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ;live in Berrien County and fish the St. Joseph river and a creek near Edwardsburg. Also fish some inland lakes. When vacationing on Beaver Island, iI try to fish all of the inland lakes. Went to Garden Island and did some channel fishing for smallmouths with good sucess.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I live here in Lansing.. Moved here form Minnesota where I knew the fishing holes...still gathering info for this may..I hope to hit some nice Walley this spring. Just wish I had more time.....

·
Registered
446 Posts
I live in Houghton County in the western UP. I like to fish in all the small inland lakes around here. I also "LOVE" to fish in Quetico Provincial Park in Ontario.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I reside in Marysville and mostly go after walleye in the St. Clair River - occasionally steelhead or salmon that run up into the Black River. I'm more dedicated to hunting but fishing is certainly one of my favorite out-of-season distractions ... along with shooting and reloading.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi, Crash from Brooklyn, No not that one, New York!! I grew up in Lapeer and spent my childhood stomping around Holloway Res. and the Lapeer area lakes (West, Long, Pleasent, Sawdell.) Used to work on my uncle Salmon Charter in Manistee. I come back atleast twice a year just to fish. New York fishing is fine, but it just seems a little strange having the World Trade Center shadow coming across the water while your batteling
Stripers!! My favorite Lake is West Lake, just a little dirt pond really but Huge fish be swimming there!! Holloway would have to come second, even in the bad days we used to pull some big eye's and pike out of there.
This wont be my only post so I'll see you around.

[This message has been edited by crash (edited 04-05-2000).]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts