Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally picked up a new tv for my bedroom. Its a Samsung, UHD 4k, 43 inch. The wife and I are are having some trouble getting use to watching it. The resolution is great, but almost too great. All of our other Tvs are 1080. Anyone else having trouble adjusting? I thought the football games were great but movies seem to be the more diffficult to adjust too. 20191202_195305.jpg

·
Premium Member
30,315 Posts
I finally picked up a new tv for my bedroom. Its a Samsung, UHD 4k, 43 inch. The wife and I are are having some trouble getting use to watching it. The resolution is great, but almost too great. All of our other Tvs are 1080. Anyone else having trouble adjusting? I thought the football games were great but movies seem to be the more diffficult to adjust too. View attachment 464227
Some guys here might not know what you are talking about. They still watch the local antenna channels on a 19" black and white. The one with a metal coat hanger for an antenna and a pair of pliers to grab the knob stud to change channels.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Some guys here might not know what you are talking about. They still watch the local antenna channels on a 19" black and white. The one with a metal coat hanger for an antenna and a pair of pliers to grab the knob stud to change channels.
Do you mean I have to tell my wife to let go of the coat hanger, turn off the TV and get in bed?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I finally picked up a new tv for my bedroom. Its a Samsung, UHD 4k, 43 inch. The wife and I are are having some trouble getting use to watching it. The resolution is great, but almost too great. All of our other Tvs are 1080. Anyone else having trouble adjusting? I thought the football games were great but movies seem to be the more diffficult to adjust too. View attachment 464227
How do you even see a 43" TV?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I know what you mean, I have a 12 year old 55" 1080 and when I'm somewhere else watching a movie it is so clear it seems like a home movie,has a whole different feel. Just looks weird to me

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Just a hint to improving picture quality on any of the 1080 TV's........hook it up to an old antenna. Watching a NFL game on that picture quality will amaze you.

The standard signal from Cable and Dish basically suck. As does watching DVD's. Hook up a Blu-Ray player.

Not sure about the 4K and UHD TV's that Walleye posted though. I didn't think there was any 4K signals available yet.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
I am in shock with the picture quality, and It was only about $275.
I hear a news item a while back about a school in Hawai'i offering a course remotely in a South sea location (Tonga?). The interesting part was not that they used cameras and a screen, but that they were doing it with holographic images.

Just think in a few years you may be able to watch holographic movies etc. Just think about how cool a live basketball game would be holographic projected in your livingroom.

·
Premium Member
30,315 Posts
I hear a news item a while back about a school in Hawai'i offering a course remotely in a South sea location (Tonga?). The interesting part was not that they used cameras and a screen, but that they were doing it with holographic images.

Just think in a few years you may be able to watch holographic movies etc. Just think about how cool a live basketball game would be holographic projected in your livingroom.
I want my own holodeck.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Be Careful, those new "smart TV's" listen to everything that is going on in your house, and pass judgement on you.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
And before that, the telegraph.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts