Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i am new to this site, so i figured i should post a thread.
I am going fishing for a weekend on a trout stream about 130 miles from Birch Run, i dont quite remember which direction, but i have never actually been trout fishing, one of the few things i have yet to do. i was just wondering what to use, how to fish it, when to fish, ect.:help:
Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
76 Posts
First, welcome to the forums...this is a great site with great people. Second, trout fishing is a great experience, and I hope you have a great time fishing, even if you dont catch fish, the stream offers fun along with scenic eyecandy.

Now, I fish streams and rivers two different ways, both are productive. I am no expert by any means, but I do catch fish,, so I'll offer some advice.

First method is with a fly rod. flies shaped like eggs are working well right now, along with stone flies (so I hear, anyway).

If you dont have a fly rod, or are not very experienced in fly fishing, then buy some spawn. I put a splitshot about 8in above my hook and just cast, cast, and cast some more! When your line stops, set the hook. Bring lots of hooks, though, for you may snag up on rocks! This works well for me...others will prob have better advice, but this will get the job done.

Good Luck, and enjoy!!
-Denny:D

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'd suggest trying the trout forums on this site instead of the warm water species forum. Anything you ever wanted to know about trout over there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts