Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not fished Lake St. Clair in years, as the Saginaw river has consumed much of my time. Could someone please let me know where the SANG, Geno's, Crocker, and Hall rd. are at? Also, is there a baitshop near?

BTW, I'm not looking for anyones "honeyholes", just a general area. Basically, I'm thinking of trying some new"scenery" as the river has been pretty boring.

We did catch ~40 jumbos, and 50 eyes (all less then 10") between 2 of us on the river a couple of weeks ago, but even that action has sort of dried up. So looking on to try something new. Any help would be appreciated! Thx

· Super Moderator
11,912 Posts
Howdy, Zakker-

I'm not much on fishing, but have lived in the area for years, so....

SANG is Selfridge Air Nat'l Guard base, easily found on any local map.

Both Crocker and Hall are area roads; Hall also goes by M-59 along certain portions of it's route.

Geno's is a restaurant.

Pick up a Macomb Co. map and check it out.....

· Registered
662 Posts
696 to 94 east to metro parkway go right or east to the end that is metro beach. just before the park entrance is a light, that is jefferson. go right about 1&1/2 miles to genos, go another mile or so, that is crooker& the dnr launch. if you stay on 94 past metro parkway you will see the signs for self. air . nat. gaurd. there is a dnr launch right next to the base. there is some of the best perch fishin in the world in these couple of miles of shore line. good luck, hope this helps!:D

· Registered
5,578 Posts
Zakker; Welcome to the best site on the net. SANG, is at the end of m-59 at the DNR ramp and there is a bate shop across the road from the ramp. If you need more imfo. just do a search on mS site and most of your answers to your questions are there. Good Luck. I'm thinkng on going down thay way next week, if you want to follow me give me a pm.

· Registered
2,237 Posts
OK Zakker,
So I'm dying to hear how did. I'm new to the lake too. I went out several times this year. I wasn't wildly successful, but had a BALL. Capnhook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.