Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a spey rod ,Echo SR81010 last year but I couldn't practice much in the cold so set it aside for a while. I got out on the grand today to try and figure this thing out. I totally suck at this. Got all tangled up. Got a hook in my waders, luckily only the strap got hooked. Still had fun though. Hopefully I learn and get better. I did manage to get a tiny bass on one of my wild and awkward swings.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
There is a Spey even coming up in Oct in Newaygo. If you're not bowhunting you might want to consider attending. There will be lots of people there casting and I'm sure you can find a few to give you some pointers. Trying to figure out what you are doing wrong on your own is damn near impossible. You can be doing everything else right but screwing up one part and it just makes a mess of the whole cast.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Got that marked on my calendar and have alerted all concerned parties I am not doing anything that weekend except attending that event. No Ikea, no baseball, no hockey, no potlucks, no NOTHING!
I did that on Jan 1 with my family. Sent them a calendar and told them I circled all the dates I will be available.

The only date circled was Jan. 1

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a Spey even coming up in Oct in Newaygo. If you're not bowhunting you might want to consider attending. There will be lots of people there casting and I'm sure you can find a few to give you some pointers. Trying to figure out what you are doing wrong on your own is damn near impossible. You can be doing everything else right but screwing up one part and it just makes a mess of the whole cast.
I heard about that event and I do plan on going. I just wish it was earlier like before the salmon run starts.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.