Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted to ice fish, but I don't know anyone that can show me the ropes. I've done quite a bit of fishing, just not ice. I bought some gear this weekend at the fishing show so now I am committed to trying it. Would someone mind letting me tag along for a bit to see how it is done? I've watched YouTube and have a basic understanding, but seeing it done once would be a huge help.

I live in Macomb, so anywhere around Lake St Clair would be awesome. I would meet you where ever and hang out for an hour or two, to see how you set up and maybe catch a few.

Thanks a bunch. And if you know anyplace that has "classes", please pass it along.

Gary

·
Registered
192 Posts
Welcome to the site. If your interested in fishing Lake St. Clair you should first check the sticky thread related to access points. Choose a popular access point and arrive early. Your best bet is talk to people as they are walking out to the lake and not once they are already set up. Most people will be pretty helpful even once you get out on the ice. Talk to people as you see them moving from hole to hole. Above all, make sure you have the basic piece of safety equipment, a spud bar (or walk with someone who does). Lake St. Clair has areas of weak ice due to gas pockets and ice thicknesses can vary. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Gary,

Next Wednesday the 21st. There will be an ice fishing presentation at the LSCWA January meeting. All fisherman are invited. see my other thread if you are interested.

Good luck and be safe on the ice.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts