Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Dave and I am from Milan, MI. I usally am on a differant part of this website, but I am in the process of getting a new girlfriend and I'am not sure what I am going to call her yet, but I will let you know when I get her. She is going to be 8 weeks old when I get her hopefully, she is coming from some very good bloodline's and I am going to get her from a friend of mine (schanimanico beagles). I have never had a beagle before so expect alot of questions from me in the future. On that note my first question is can I keep her in the house or do you think I should keep her by herself in a kennal?

Thanks in advance
Camo Boy:yikes:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Opps I know I spelled Beagleling wrong, I am just super excited.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
If I were you, I would keep her in the house. You said that she's going to be 8 weeks and she'll be by herself. I think that it's too cold out for a young pup to be staying outside by herself.... not to mention, you get that pup home and you won't be able to keep her outside by herself! LOL - Beagle pups are irresistable!

Beagles are pack animals and if she's going to be your only one, I would keep her inside. All mine are outside, but they are not alone.

Of course don't forget to post lots of pictures of her! You can never have too many puppy pics on here.

Good luck with your pup!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
ive owned beagle all my life,,, welcome to a new addiction.
all my beagles have been indoor companions as well as rabbit hunters. in my experiance the more bonded your dog is to you , the more he wants to please you. not that im foolish enough to believe a beagle hunts for anyone but himself,,,,lol.
several of my buddies have had dogs kept in kennels or chained outdoors. we have seen no difference in their hunting abilities. but my dogs mind better. and are far more friendly.
i make sure my dogs meet 100 people in the first 6 months of their life and never have to worry about them snapping at a kid.

·
Registered
26,599 Posts
Good advise here. Two beagles in the house now and no regrets. Only problem is the bed is getting smaller :lol:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
yeah i iknow about that, finaly had to move the wife to the spare bedroom so the beagle would have some space.
FREEPOP said:
Good advise here. Two beagles in the house now and no regrets. Only problem is the bed is getting smaller :lol:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
1 beagle outside by itself = misery

1 beagle in the house with people = a buddy, a kid, a shadow, a buddy, a pain in the butt, a buddy etc. Plus if you ever drop food on the floor you never have to clean it up.

·
Registered
26,599 Posts
:yeahthat:

Very well said Happy Jack :grouphug:

I first got a beagle to hunt with. The one I got, off this site to boot, was already a house dog. I then decided that a best buddy is icing on the cake. He rides in the truck on the consol like he was born to do it. My friends, their kids and grand kids all love him as he does them. The best of both worlds for him and I. I want to be reincarnated as a pet of people like my girlfriend and I. Some day I hope to be half the man he thinks I am.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thanks guy's I will definitely will keep her inside, I do have 2 boy's age's 15 and 13 so I am sure she will get her fill of play and table scraps:lol:

Thanks again guy's as soon as I get some pics I will post them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts