Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ? The pup is 3 1/2 month's old so I took her swimming today. With the Bay so low it 's hard to find a spot that I didn't have to drive for an hour. I ended up at the old bridge of the Quanacassee (SP) river. I found an entrance and waded in, I only got about 10ft and was starting to sink pretty bad so I just stood there and talked her into the water, she thought that was cool, biting lilly pads etc. I got her out to me and gave her a little push and she was on her own, she did the normal puppy splash but wasn't afraid at all. Dad was pleased...........:)
They put three new drain pipes in so I knew it would be deep there, so on the way out I stopped and waded in again, I found an empty pop bottle so I threw it in for her, it dropped off rapidly so she kinda jumped to me so I held her, pointed out the bottle and sent her on her way,by this time the bottle had floated quite a distance away, so I let her swim half way to it then brought her back. Man she really liked that ! Again Dad was happy........:) When she got back to me she came up and quit swimming, oops ? Under she went........lol So she got a belly full, on the way out I tripped on a big rock and then we both went swimming, so I said what the heck and we both stayed another ten minutes. If someone would have had a camera.....lol Getting back to my new truck she's off the leash and I'm concerned about cars etc so I toss her right in the truck.......oop's again ! First thing she does is shake !...........:yikes: New black leather interior is now broken in.....lol All in all it was a great morning, and Dad is happy he got his girl in the water. A day for the memory book for sure. Gee's I"m glad I got her ?............

Note to self. Remove Cell phone and wallet when swimming.............:banghead3

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mike L said:
...A day for the memory book for sure. Gee's I"m glad I got her ?...
i love those days. i still watch Coyer's first retrieve... i was lucky enough to get it on video. sure is rewarding, isn't it?

Note to self. Remove Cell phone and wallet when swimming.... :banghead3
hmm, probably a good idea. :chillin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
sounds like she is doing well ,and got dads truck smelling like a wet dawg ,gotta love that .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts