Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any tips for places to shore fish steelhead in Ionia/Clinton County area? I've tried Webber dam, water seemed like it was moving too fast, I didn't really like that one wrong step would take me out to lake Michigan. I'm setup to float beads, I've kind of been looking into other bait; spinners, worms, ect. Any tips on bait is much appreciated too. I know the steelhead are really running up north, is it the same way down here or am I early?

·
Premium Member
2,451 Posts
Probably shouldn't be naming creeks that are not listed .

Folks get touchy about that here.

Myself, when the Mo' drops a bit , I may get brave and try out my new waders from March. Of last year.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Any tips for places to shore fish steelhead in Ionia/Clinton County area? I've tried Webber dam, water seemed like it was moving too fast, I didn't really like that one wrong step would take me out to lake Michigan. I'm setup to float beads, I've kind of been looking into other bait; spinners, worms, ect. Any tips on bait is much appreciated too. I know the steelhead are really running up north, is it the same way down here or am I early?
There is a lot of water to explore for steelhead. It is getting towards the end of the run on the Grand though. There are still fish around, but they seem to be wrapping things up and the river is high. Personally, I don't bother chasing steelhead above Webber.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a lot of water to explore for steelhead. It is getting towards the end of the run on the Grand though. There are still fish around, but they seem to be wrapping things up and the river is high. Personally, I don't bother chasing steelhead above Webber.
Thanks I didn't realize that the run wouldn't still be going down here. Maybe I'll try some tribs below the Webber see if I can find some leftovers

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
Thanks I didn't realize that the run wouldn't still be going down here. Maybe I'll try some tribs below the Webber see if I can find some leftovers
There will likely be a spurt or two that will show up, but I would say the peak is well past. I usually catch steelhead into mid-may trout fishing, but they are pretty beat up by then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.