Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my old stock sights on my 1988 west German Sig P226 were dim and needed replacing. So after searching, shooting and looking at other's gun with different sights I settled on the Big Dot sights.
It took quite a few rounds to adjust my shooting to these but now that I've got them figured out all I can say wow what a difference. This is my carry gun along with a couple others and I'm thinking I just may convert them to these sights

I'm curious what kind of aftermarket sights the rest of you are using? Pictures would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
37,856 Posts
My P239 has the factory pumpkin on the post sights. My original intent was to change them to the tritium combat sights, but never got around to it. I think target acquisition with the pumpkin on a post may be faster at self defense ranges. Still prefer 3 dots at anything over 15 yards.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts

Trijicon HD Night Sights. I considered getting the big dot until I came across these babies. Best night sight I've worked with yet. The front is a bright yellow for day time.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
forgot this one of the night sights. Kinda tough to take a good pic with a phone

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I was talking with the guys I shoot with and it seems that the consensus among the better, faster shooters in my group ( disclaimer, small sampling and none of us claim to be pros) is that while shooting a combat style course we don't use the rear sights. It's more of a close range, point and shoot center mass style using a big Dot type of sight.
Anyone else shooting that way in a combat type of shoot and move course ?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
When shooting any style with a pistol the exaggerated front sight makes a huge difference. Since I put those sights on my personal weapon I have much easier time focusing on the front sight of my service pistol and shooting with both eyes open

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I have the Big Dot front and Bowen 'Vee' rear with vertical center line on my 4" GP100 and absolutely love this setup. I put the same rear on my 5" .454 SRH and use it with the factory front blade.

The bigger front dot may scrape some leather off your holster if you don't have good 'sight tunnel' molded in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts