Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Wise man once told me: Big water ducks take big water boats and big water nerves. Don't let a bigger boat give you bigger balls and blur your judgment.

Nice rig...make sure everyone who is in the crew can run everything on that rig, including transferring shooters, launching, loading, etc.etc. Momentum is not your friend when the rigs get bigger.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Are you running a tender too, or are you going to use that boat to transfer hunters?
Because that thing, although sweet, will act like a Spanish Galleon in the wind.
Be prepared to adjust your driving and handling to compensate.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I plan to use it as a tender for my 2 layouts, Ill do a bit of hunting out of it but not a ton.

During the summer she'll pull double duty as a fishing boat as well. It'll be a project over the next couple years to outfit it as I want.

Im new to big water, I mostly hugged the shore in my 16' when I was hunting big water previously so I plan to be pretty conservative with how Im running this thing.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool.
Is it an Outlander?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That should work for sure. Tow that 16' out with you and use it as your chase boat for running after cripples. What motor you running?
It is a Starcraft Mariner MR220V

Im actually selling the 16' its a deep v mirrocraft, I want to get something roughly the same size but better at handling small water.

Its got a 120 Johnson on it for now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts