Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be the best place to put this question being there are alot of trollers, I'm looking at a Pflueger G30 or the G50, has anybody got any feed back on these reels ? Good or bad...

·
Registered
162 Posts
You get a free tackle bag with each one.

Dave Mull of GLA swears by them

They have about the same features as the Penn GTI

They are made by Shakespeare

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I found them at Sports authority, for $65.00, looks like a 320 gti, Feature a lightweight, corrosion-resistant graphite frame and side plates, cold-forged aluminum spool, 4 sealed ball-bearings and a oversized star drag. The G30 will hold 330 yds of 20 lb. line and the G50 will hold 330 yds of 30 lb. line. If the reel is as good as the Gti's , and at this price I'll need 10 for muskies this year:D. Any more feed back on these reels ?

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
The only really bad trolling reels I've ever used were Shakespeare. Horrible, horrible reels. Shakespeare makes the Gander Mountain store brand.

I'd really hope their Pflueger reels are a few degrees better in quality, but I'm still skeptical of any shakespeare reel. 2nd fish on one of the dipsey rod reels and I had gear teeth broken off.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beave, I'm going to take a look at them tomorrow, if I have any dought, I will go back to the Penn GTI's, I know there a great real, cheapest I've found them is $89.00 each, alot of cash when I need 10 :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okuma has a new linecounter reel called the Catalina looks like it will be well worth the money i think the price range is $110 to $120 i run convectors now but will probably pick some of these up.
Big Papa Sports

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have ordered some Catalinas.

They won't be in the US until mid March.

They are similar to the Convector(used to be the Contender) but have a machined aluminun frame. They have the potential to be the best line counter on the market.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Vic,
I agree 100% i know i'm going to be sorry for picking up 2 Tekota LC's when they come out though i am going to pick at least 2 or 3 myself.
Big Papa Sports

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,551 Posts
big vic,
I cant find any info on catilina being offered in a line counter version. I just ordered two catilina level winds from cabelas but would prefer to have them in line counter version. Can you point me in the direction were I can review and order one. Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I saw them in the Okuma catalog. Retail price is going to be around $120.

I don't think you will be able to get your hands on one until April.

They aren't even on the Okuma website yet.

·
Smells like, Victory!
27,551 Posts
big vic,
Yea I checked there web site and couldnt find them. At least I know to hold back a little on buying all my reals now. Thanks for the info! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts