Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I've been looking at the forum for a while but havent posted mostly because I'm still low on the learing curve. Didnt realy have a lot of insite to add to the conversation.
I've done a lot of nearshore saltwater fishing in the Chesapeake bay and Atlantic Ocean but a lot of this is new to me.
I have joined the DWF and LSCWF and have enjoyed the meetings and seminars. Also went to a couple Lance Valentine Walleye seminars, Lance is the man.
I have been Sturgeon fishing the last 3 weekends in the N Channel with limited results. I did catch like an 7# Sheepshead a 12# Channel Cat and lots of big Rock Bass but no Mr Uglys. I was hoping to get some big pullage befor the season went out but I must not be holding my mouth right.
I'm running a 17' Princecraft with a 50 four stroke. Loving it more all the time with the gas prices.
Anyway HELLO keep the post and pics comming.

Tim

·
Registered
5,995 Posts
Welcome to the site. Even a fishing report where you didn't get fish helps others eliminate spots. Those 4 strokes are a good deal with the gas prices. You'll love this site. Have fun.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Welcome, 2 yrs. ago I was in your shoes, I just retired and wanted to expand my fishing adventures, this is the place, these guys have helped me and taken me fishing beyond what I ever imagined. I learned how to whip and handline for walleyes, made a few trips to the bay trolling, trout fishing down by Rochester, and I have never caught as many fish icefishing as I did last year. You will meet some characters on here but the ones I have met are some dedicated hunters and fishers. Watch out mentioning those sheepheads and catfish theres a couple guys that seem to have an affection for them, I dont want to mention any names (Joeker and Ficious) :lol: Enjoy the site, Mike

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi guys,
Also went to a couple Lance Valentine Walleye seminars, Lance is the man.

Tim
Which aerea did you attend walleye 101.

I have been there the last two years. my name is rick.

are you going on the trophy hunt at the end of oct.? if so we will have to hhok up. as far as mr. ugly goes the more time spent you will be rewarded.

tight lines.

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Welcome, 2 yrs. ago I was in your shoes, I just retired and wanted to expand my fishing adventures, this is the place, these guys have helped me and taken me fishing beyond what I ever imagined. I learned how to whip and handline for walleyes, made a few trips to the bay trolling, trout fishing down by Rochester, and I have never caught as many fish icefishing as I did last year. You will meet some characters on here but the ones I have met are some dedicated hunters and fishers. Watch out mentioning those sheepheads and catfish theres a couple guys that seem to have an affection for them, I dont want to mention any names (Joeker and Ficious) :lol: Enjoy the site, Mike
:yeahthat:

I've met a lot of good people on here too. I just went out on the big water for the first time in my life yesterday with a couple of member I met on here. One turned me into a decent ice fisherman :D

Mr. Wagner those Steelies should be coming in soon if you want to try the trout spot let me know - Bryon

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
Thanks Bryon, bow season starts Wed. I want to get back up on the bay 1 or 2 more times, I keep hearing things will pick up on the river then theres my annual "dont get no pheasant" opener so many things so little time (plus I`m signed up for 4-5 shows) I dont know how I ever had time to work. :evil: Mike
Busy busy busy :lol: Well if you find the time to spare let me know we'll work something out. I'm pretty busy myself now with the move soon - Bryon

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Wecome CB......

Mushy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. I have been up here fishing all summer but I just signed up on the site so I could post.
A quick rundown on my spring/summer. Trenton trying to jig up some walleyes, more boat control issues than fish but I did catch a few. friend set me up handlining and did a little better with that but nothing over 23". Had some fun in front of 9 mile tower with the bass. Found some white bass in lower Detroit and put some kids on them. I havent done so well with the muskie or sturgeon but I am learning all the time.

Landshark a trophy hunt sounds great but my Eagle fishfinder/gps combo (cheaper) doesnt use the chips and it sounds like without that you would have a hard time keeping up with those guys.

If I cant catch a muskie in the next few weeks I am going to have to charter someone. :gaga:

Thanks again

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.