Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1561 - 1580 of 1824 Posts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,561
Added to my ROKU position and bought a small position back into TWLO as it seems it just keeps going up and up. Think when more $$ becomes available will add more to both positions. Was hard not to just put it all into ROKU as good as it has been doing and am betting they post NFLX like numbers Feb. 11th sending it even higher.
Twilio got a bad ass upgrade. Wish I still held
My 350 shares. Oh well. Looking to trade
Plug and some Spce shares for more Roku tomorrow. Revenue growth could hit 100%

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Bought another stock a couple weeks ago AITX, didn’t mention it here because it was pretty speculative, but now wish I had, so some of you guys could have had the chance to share in the gains. I still think they have big potential, but be cautious as they've had a big run. Im playing with the houses money at this point, so Ill let it ride and see where it goes.
And KOPN is becoming a beast! I have a feeling they are going to crush their next few quarters too.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
How are you guys feeling about the market, in general right now? Seems to be a general consensus here that things will just keep going up, and it keeps happening. Ive been in majority cash for a while now, and that has been a mistake so-far. But luckily my speculatives and day trades have been crushing it, and making more off 1/3 of my account than I ever was when fully invested. These highs, under current world circumstances just have me too nervous to be all-in. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
How are you guys feeling about the market, in general right now? Seems to be a general consensus here that things will just keep going up, and it keeps happening. Ive been in majority cash for a while now, and that has been a mistake so-far. But luckily my speculatives and day trades have been crushing it, and making more off 1/3 of my account than I ever was when fully invested. These highs, under current world circumstances just have me too nervous to be all-in. Thoughts?
I am leaving my IRAs and 401k invested as is, but I am at least two decades away from retirement. While I don't like seeing it go down, my hands off approach still yielded a 20% return last year. My Brokerage account didn't do as well last year returning 17% but I had some bad plays last year that changed how I invest going forward

·
Registered
26,528 Posts
Looking at it from a spectrum of time:
You have time to see a downturn and recovery or two.
I don't want to get caught in one.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Looking at it from a spectrum of time:
You have time to see a downturn and recovery or two.
I don't want to get caught in one.
Agreed. But at the same time, I’m, by my own accord, probably closer to needing to treat my money more similar to the way you would, than most my age that are still holding full time jobs. My wife and I worked our butts off for over a decade, holding full time jobs, running a business, and flipping houses, so that we could be in a position to spend our kids childhood with them instead of at work all the time. Don't get me wrong, Im not ready to retire by any means yet, but with everything paid off, we can make a comfortable enough living through the market and occasional real estate flips for the foreseeable future. So, I guess thats why I have a bit more cautious approach here.

·
Registered
26,528 Posts
Agreed. But at the same time, I’m, by my own accord, probably closer to needing to treat my money more similar to the way you would, than most my age that are still holding full time jobs. My wife and I worked our butts off for over a decade, holding full time jobs, running a business, and flipping houses, so that we could be in a position to spend our kids childhood with them instead of at work all the time. Don't get me wrong, Im not ready to retire by any means yet, but with everything paid off, we can make a comfortable enough living through the market and occasional real estate flips for the foreseeable future. So, I guess thats why I have a bit more cautious approach here.
Time is the ultimate limiting factor. When you've reached the end of the road, there are no other options.
I would like to enjoy the 11 or so years that is allotted at the end of a career. My father and grandfather didn't.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Fundamentals are good. Economic data has been almost entirely favorable. Labor/employment is the one fly in the ointment, it's a big one.

Watch the 10 year yield. I think 2021 will be strong economically and for the market. Not sure what to think beyond that. Inflation is here today in some sectors. Whether or not, and how fast, it affects the economy and the market is not clear at the moment.

Big infrastructure spending will be good, if it happens.

Watch AAPL and MSFT earnings next week. That will give an indication on whether valuations are stretched, or not. I am in the "or not" camp.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,570
Sold PLUG today. Purchased some more KOPN. Also purchased a few more SQ shares.

Magnite is doing awesome
Fubo is doing excellent even with 62% short positions.
Spce doing good waiting for flight window announcement. Shorts holding strong with 74% shorts. On positive news there will be a huge squeeze here.

earning season is here let the numbers come out gonna be exciting and make some serious money.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,571
I am leaving my IRAs and 401k invested as is, but I am at least two decades away from retirement. While I don't like seeing it go down, my hands off approach still yielded a 20% return last year. My Brokerage account didn't do as well last year returning 17% but I had some bad plays last year that changed how I invest going forward
Being young your account would benefit greatly from having a couple growth stocks. What are you holding? In your brokerage account....

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Sold PLUG today. Purchased some more KOPN. Also purchased a few more SQ shares.

Magnite is doing awesome
Fubo is doing excellent even with 62% short positions.
Spce doing good waiting for flight window announcement. Shorts holding strong with 74% shorts. On positive news there will be a huge squeeze here.

earning season is here let the numbers come out gonna be exciting and make some serious money.
I bought Magnite few weeks back, but sold it at break even when I saw the short seller crap come out. Then when it dropped hard really thought about buying back in when I saw it at $26, but thought there are so many other tempting stocks without the crap. Then watched it just keep going up and up and hit $40 Friday.

Did same with FUBO buying at the dip $25.70 and sold it in the high 30's, was going to rebuy in the dropback but then read about BS starting on it so backed off. Will probably regret not buying back in, but scooped up NNDM with the proceeds and been riding that one up. Thinking NNDM will run up to the high teens before losing momentum.

Also bought some OPTT last week, then added to it on Friday, hoping it got more run in it, but will be keeping a close eye on it, as what usually goes up quick, drops quick too.

Will also be adding to my ROKU and TWLO shares. When I bought TWLO it was a toss up between it and SQ. Went with TWLO since it was good to me when I bought in at $90 way back when. Looking at the one month charts I see SQ is down about 10% off it $246 highs so may just add SQ to the portfolio instead of adding to my TWLO shares.

·
Registered
14,632 Posts
Rarely in history has there been a time where stock prices have been more disconnected from current and future sales and earnings than they are right now. Margin debt is up 62% in the past 9 months. When this thing corrects it has the potential to be fast and large.

Meanwhile, another $470 billion of M2 money supply arrived just in the first 2 weeks of January. The continuous flow of Fed dollars being pumped in may well keep the bubble growing larger.

·
Super Moderator
35,358 Posts
Rarely in history has there been a time where stock prices have been more disconnected from current and future sales and earnings than they are right now. Margin debt is up 62% in the past 9 months. When this thing corrects it has the potential to be fast and large.

Meanwhile, another $470 billion of M2 money supply arrived just in the first 2 weeks of January. The continuous flow of Fed dollars being pumped in may well keep the bubble growing larger.

Not sure anyone on Wallstreet has seen this lol

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Bought another stock a couple weeks ago AITX, didn’t mention it here because it was pretty speculative, but now wish I had, so some of you guys could have had the chance to share in the gains. I still think they have big potential, but be cautious as they've had a big run. Im playing with the houses money at this point, so Ill let it ride and see where it goes.
And KOPN is becoming a beast! I have a feeling they are going to crush their next few quarters too.
I bought AITX few weeks back, bought like 5000 shares then looked at the amount and laughed, so bought more. Worked out good, sold few days later making some $$. Then few days later, my brother asked where I found it, said he was doing very good on it, almost doubling his money in a week. I asked what it was at and when he said it just hit .08, I was like dam shoulda held it, hour or two later he said it dropped back to .05 so I bought back in at .05, glad I did as it hit .09 Friday. Hoping to sell most, if not all, of it next week at .10

·
Registered
14,632 Posts
Not sure anyone on Wallstreet has seen this lol
The sales shills in the financial services industry always promote growth, and what better time to do so than when the market is just one big momentum trade feeding on itself?

What's happening in this market, as reflected perfectly in all the hype that characterizes this 100+ page "investing" thread, has little to do with actual investing. It's just riding a wave of euphoria. Everybody looks like a genius in a bull market, particularly one that is this manic.

Personally, I'm finding it to be a blast. My fun money account grew almost 20% just in the past week alone. But is has nothing to do with investing. It's just identifying the most potent streams of internet hype and plugging into them.

·
Registered
9,538 Posts

@November Sunrise Thanks for bringing this information to the attention of the thread. Is it good or bad for investors? What portfolio changes are you making based on the information you provided?

Can you make a chart of the S&P500 over several decades, at least three, overlaid with the 10 year Treasury yield?

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579
I bought Magnite few weeks back, but sold it at break even when I saw the short seller crap come out. Then when it dropped hard really thought about buying back in when I saw it at $26, but thought there are so many other tempting stocks without the crap. Then watched it just keep going up and up and hit $40 Friday.

Did same with FUBO buying at the dip $25.70 and sold it in the high 30's, was going to rebuy in the dropback but then read about BS starting on it so backed off. Will probably regret not buying back in, but scooped up NNDM with the proceeds and been riding that one up. Thinking NNDM will run up to the high teens before losing momentum.

Also bought some OPTT last week, then added to it on Friday, hoping it got more run in it, but will be keeping a close eye on it, as what usually goes up quick, drops quick too.

Will also be adding to my ROKU and TWLO shares. When I bought TWLO it was a toss up between it and SQ. Went with TWLO since it was good to me when I bought in at $90 way back when. Looking at the one month charts I see SQ is down about 10% off it $246 highs so may just add SQ to the portfolio instead of adding to my TWLO shares.
Have a little more patients. These growth stocks are heavily shorted. When good news come out the shorts run. Look
Up the short positions on them that’s all you need to know. Fubo short positions currently is at 62.8 % of all shares purchased are short. Virgin galactic is at 74.6 % shorts currently just so you know.

·
Registered
14,632 Posts
Have a little more patients. These growth stocks are heavily shorted. When good news come out the shorts run. Look
Up the short positions on them that’s all you need to know. Fubo short positions currently is at 62.8 % of all shares purchased are short. Virgin galactic is at 74.6 % shorts currently just so you know.
Exactly. If a growth stock is heavily shorted, it's only a matter of time until the short sellers get squeezed and the share price rockets higher.

A great example is PLUG. That's a 12 bagger since June and the main reason is every time the short interest gets high it propels the share price even higher.

As Groundsize said, looking up the short positions is all you need to know.

1561 - 1580 of 1824 Posts