ended. Remember, it's important for all turkey hunters to participate,
even if they do not harvest a turkey.

Survey results will be posted on our Web site later this winter,
but you can visit the site by clicking below:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/1,1607,7-153-10363_10958_10969---,00.html

Here, you'll find other important turkey hunting-related news and
information, including results of turkey harvest surveys from previous
years.

If you are still hunting wild turkey this fall, good luck.

You are receiving this information/survey/reminder, etc. because you
voluntarily provided the DNR with your Web address while purchasing
your
hunting/fishing license online. If you would like your name removed
from this mailing list, please click here:
[email protected].

Thank you,
MDNR E-License
www.michigan.gov/dnr

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Thanks for the reminder!

Will be done shortly.

·
Registered
478 Posts
First off, I think this is a great way to help compile results! That being said, the only problem I forsee with this is the sheer minisclue numbers that must be made aware of a reporting system such as this. For not if this post, I would never have known of such a process, and if you couple that with the even more people that must know about site like this that exist to rely on such reports, you greatly reduce the amount of diversity in your results and get a rather narrow result based on a small percentage of outdoorsman who have internet access, knowledge of sites, fortitude to check sites daily, will to link to another site, and yet one final effort to post results. Yes, I know this truly isn't a hard process, but to many it may be. I guess I just hope the DNR uses more than just these results to gauge its future licence issuance's. Now with that being said, I can't wait to see these results as I believe that they reflect a rather accurate depiction of the Turkey season for Michigan outdoorsman.
Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Everyone who applied for a turkey license on the web got an e-mail from the DNR on this reporting page. It is a very good idea to at least buy one years of licenses from the web to get your e-address in their system. I also got a reminder in late December to apply for my spring permit and the dates. So once the DNR has your e-address, it looks like they will contact you with e-reminders of key dates for the hunts you do. I think you would need to buy a deer license to get deer hunting updates. I have only applied for turkey on-line for far and I got a fall reporting reminder and a spring application hunt reminder. Great system when your in it.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Also, it's not a bad idea to view the DNR site on an occasional basis to get news updates. They always post new programs/plans like this there. Many of us come to this site daily. While I don't go to the DNR site daily, I do stop in at least weekly. It can be very informative.
http://www.michigan.gov/dnr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts