1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,765 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
953 Posts
I first looked at this and seen Muskie Fillets. I was getting hungry. Come back to read it again and see its flys! Man it sucks getting old and not being able to read the screen with out your glass's. That reminds me where are my glass's?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The flies are on 1/0 hooks, articulated, so their length is roughly 9 inches for the bottom flies an the top flies are roughly 7 inches in length. I threw them tonight, had a couple hits but couldn't get a solid hook set. I was out of selfridge.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been out a bit casting flys, its been an ok year so far lots of smaller fish I cant seem get hooked any real pigs yet.......but there's always tomorrow.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The flash makes it a 12 inch fly, the main body of bucktail is 9 inches. They are big flies, anybody have any tips for hunting skis with a flyrod? I do most of my fishing near harsens, in the channels and shallow bays. Any specific structure to target this time of year?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Try around Grassy Island for Muskie. We do pretty well there and you'll get an occasional pike ,eye and smallie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts