Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Cloudcroft, NM tomorrow to acclimate to the elevation and do some scouting before my Oct 16-20 Unit 34 muzzleloader elk trip. Hunting with a local who has a good knowledge of the area. Allegedly this is a pretty solid GMU and I'm pretty stoked.

Hunting with a Remington 700 UML .50cal, my first ever muzzleloader hunt.

Will keep y'all updated and hopefully share some pics from a successful hunt!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best of luck! I've put in for NM Muzzy the last several years, but have yet to draw a tag. I also have a RUM and would love to try it on Elk. Hopefully you have great weather, and see lots of Elk!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Man, don't hate me, but this was my first year to ever put in for a NM draw. We own a small piece of property (1ac) in that same unit, and figured I'd give it a try. I'm quite certain it'll be a long time before I draw this tag again!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Man, don't hate me, but this was my first year to ever put in for a NM draw. We own a small piece of property (1ac) in that same unit, and figured I'd give it a try. I'm quite certain it'll be a long time before I draw this tag again!
Ha! Sounds like a couple of my buddies.... They drew the Gila the first 2 times they applied, believe it or not, then were completely shocked, when they didn't draw it this year. Some guys have all the luck!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I’m 0-10 in New Mexico. Lol. That should be a great hunt. Good luck.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Only two??? ;-) Good luck on a great tag!! Have some green chili brisket stew at Jacks for me when you get back to town.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts