Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all! I have been checking this site out for a long time, and just wanted to let everyone know that i have been getting alot of info. from everyone. I sealed the deal last night with a 10pt. that i have been after all season. first time i have had luck with using a call, and was amazed that it actually worked. I brought him in, using a primo can call, along with a grunt tube. 18 yard shot quartering away. It just doesn't get any better! Also watching him drop within 80 yards after a pass through didn't hurt my feelings! My largest buck ever with a bow. I am going to sout:Dhern Mich. for gun season to see if I can continue the luck. I account my luck from not over hunting this area, which is the number one mistake i have learned off of the site.
Thanks to all, and good luck!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Oh, I plan on it! I'm waiting to get enough posts, and then will figure it out. I've never taken any of my deer to a processer, but am planning to this time to make sure i get him caped correctly. I didn't sleep all last night, i was so excited. I am guessing his weight at over 200 lbs live weight. 18 in spread with one drop tine. I didn't make the shot i had two weeks ago, and have waited until now to get him. Staying out of the woods was the hardest thing i have done, but it sure paid off!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I account my luck from not over hunting this area, which is the number one mistake i have learned off of the site.
You can't throw it into the "luck" column when you learn from mistakes and start hunting smarter!

Congrat's!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
congrats and welcome to the site! lets see a pic of that pig!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on the nice buck. Were you hunting around the harbor area?

Throw the pics up in your gallery and i'm sure someone on here would be happy to post them for you.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I'm working on the pics. Took him in last night to the processer, and talked to my taxidermist. Got him up near wilderness state park, north of harbor on state land. There are always bucks on state land, just smarter than the average hunter! Good luck guys!

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
Congrats on the buck, and gud luck during bang stick season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts