Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been researching the marcums vs. the vexilars for about a year now and finally decided to upgrade from my vex fl-8 to the marcum lx-5. It seems like the marcums are a step ahead of the vex and for a compareable price. Anyone out there use the marcum? Any suggestions on using the lx-5. It is scheduled to get here on Tues so I will have a report or two Tues night on how it goes.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i have the lx-3tc. I love it. My favorite thing about it is how well it is able to tune out other fish finders in close proximity. FIshing without it will never be the same. I like how much more compact they are as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You will love this unit. I just sold my vx-1 this fall and upgraded to an LX-3tc, man what a difference. Ive fished next to the best Vexilar has to offer and they dont even come come close to the target seperation or color definition. Drill a hole next to a bunch of guys using Vexs and watch them scramble as they try to reject your 2500 watts of power and there screens look like a broken video game, its always a good laugh. :evil:

·
Banned
5,597 Posts
I also have a lx-5. I got the unit especially for laker jigging in 100 feet of water. The SFL w/ narrow beam transducer blows other units away at that depth. Even gill fishing in 15 feet of water there is noticeable target separation differences compared to vexilar units. Plus, with the additional power, you can blow vexilars away by cranking up the gain a little bit. The IR on even the newer vexs usually doesn't work with my marcum close by. The screen is a ton easier to read in bright light compared to vexilars too. You will be very happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts