Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few months I will be bringing my Draht pup (Male) home. It's a "C" litter so I'm looking for unique call name suggestions that start with C. I am big into fly fishing and anything outdoors.

Worth a shot I figure, thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,961 Posts
Coho. Cooper

Reactions: NorthGR

·
Premium Member
12,402 Posts
In a few months I will be bringing my Draht pup (Male) home. It's a "C" litter so I'm looking for unique call name suggestions that start with C. I am big into fly fishing and anything outdoors.

Worth a shot I figure, thanks in advance!
Congratulations on the new pup! The breeder will give it a "c" name which may well work for you. If not, I like short two syllable call names myself. Come to think of it. C is kind of tough... Conor, Casper, Cancer, Cowboy. Cowboy maybe?

Good luck!

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am heavily considering a Draht. I plan to get a dog in 2 years after I finally move out of the city. I hunt upland and waterfowl so I was thinking either take my chances with a Draht or just get 2 dogs - Lab and a GSP. I have 2 years to figure it out HAH

I think Drahts are great-looking dogs. Congrats on the new pup

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Congratulations on the new pup! The breeder will give it a "c" name which may well work for you. If not, I like short two syllable call names myself. Come to think of it. C is kind of tough... Conor, Casper, Cancer, Cowboy. Cowboy maybe?

Good luck!
I agree on a two syllable name. Other than that just a name that you like and don't mind calling in the woods on water or in training.

FYI the reason for two syllables is to reduce confusion with the pup and speed the training progress. Yes single syllable can and has worked but two syllables have a proven track record. The reason is all if not most commands are single syllable.

Congrats on the new pup and best wishes on the training.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts