Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Henry Big Boy Steel in 45 Colt. Should have it next week and then I'll post pics. Just a bit stoked !

·
cold, dead hands ......
6,198 Posts
Oh man that sounds fun - pics or it didn't happen!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Only thing wrong with the Henry ---- they're just too pretty to take out and shoot. Getting scratched at the range and in the woods makes you want to cry, but you can't just hang it on the wall and look at it, either. Well, you can.

Great gun, in my opinion.

HJ

Get 2 -- one to shoot and one to display.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
I just found out a few days ago that Henry started making a blued lever gun. I have been trying to figure out what to get for 3 years now and couldnt pull the trigger on a remlin. Looks like for once procrastination payed off :D I have heard good things on the Henry Big Boy steel. I might get my hands on one next week in .44. I have heard these shoot great. I have liked how the yellow guns felt but that brass is real ugly to me and I couldnt see spending all that money then blueing it. I hope she comes in next week. Cant wait :D I feel like a kid at christmas again!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
My next gun purchase will be a Henry big boy with a brass receiver. I have not decided if I'm going to go 357 or 44 mag. Either way, it will be the carbine with a 16.5" barrel.

I will outfit it with the Lyman globe front sight, with a skinner rear receiver peep sight. I have never had an opportunity to kill a deer over a hundred yards, so I feel I should have a weapon that is designed specifically for my hunting style, which is dense swamps, dense hardwoods, and out of a tree stand / saddle.

And I am leaning heavily towards the 357, because I already have several thousand rounds of 38 special and 357 for my revolvers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts