Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
481 - 500 of 539 Posts

· Registered
6,020 Posts
I am her neighbor actually on the lake. Word is she's finally moving off the lake. Probably move out to the bay or onto torch. I give it till the next election cycle and petey is gonna run for something up here.GT county , specifically TC, is ripe for his kind of politics.
I keep telling my friends that TC is just an extension of the Metro areas - including the liberal voting base. They aren't listening because they mostly just vacation there.

· Premium Member
34,448 Posts
I keep telling my friends that TC is just an extension of the Metro areas - including the liberal voting base. They aren't listening because they mostly just vacation there.
I'm jsut glad I don't live in TC itself or gt county, Just in a neighboring county. Yo shoudl take a drive through northport drek lol. That is the anchor of those ideals.
Someone should start a thread about the places members dislike because the people there have different ideas or life styles.

· Premium Member
14,328 Posts
Someone should start a thread about the places members dislike because the people there have different ideas or life styles.
Go ahead and I'll contribute. San Francisco popped into my head and yea I've been there.

We could also discuss the places we like with different ideas or life styles....them cowboys in Texas sure fit the theme and Alaska is another world too...

Start it up Pescy. Your idea could be good!

· Registered
6,020 Posts
It's not the idea of liberals securing a portion of 'up north' that bothers me TBH. It's the fact that when I drive through TC I might as well have just stayed home and driven down Hall Road or Gratiot in Chesterfield. Strip malls, chain fast casual, shopping centers, etc. Gross. Not my idea of 'up north'. But hey city slicking libs love that crap and can't go without I guess.

· Premium Member
34,448 Posts
It's not the idea of liberals securing a portion of 'up north' that bothers me TBH. It's the fact that when I drive through TC I might as well have just stayed home and driven down Hall Road or Gratiot in Chesterfield. Strip malls, chain fast casual, shopping centers, etc. Gross. Not my idea of 'up north'. But hey city slicking libs love that crap and can't go without I guess.
I think there are cities and towns all over "up north" that have stores, chain restaurants, and strip malls. They even have Walmart stores.

· Premium Member
5,337 Posts

The main thing I don't like about their attitude is they want me to respect theirs, yet they don't want to respect others.

· Registered
3,479 Posts
TC isn't the only Northern Big Town that has this. Alpena, Gaylord, Marquette and others have this same theme. Marquette is TCs cousin. Get use to it. You'll see more northern cities growing with the same. I think most would call it progress. I prefer it staying like it is. Won't get into demographics but the entire state is changing north of what would be considered SLP (Not for the good either).

· Registered
2,015 Posts
TC isn't the only Northern Big Town that has this. Alpena, Gaylord, Marquette and others have this same theme. Marquette is TCs cousin. Get use to it. You'll see more northern cities growing with the same. I think most would call it progress. I prefer it staying like it is. Won't get into demographics but the entire state is changing north of what would be considered SLP (Not for the good either).
I75 ruined up north.

· Premium Member
34,448 Posts
One great thing about America, if you don’t like the politics of your neighbors or the way the area is changing, you can move.

· Registered
7,274 Posts
I wonder if some of these anti gun people would change their mind and want a gun in the house if, let’s say their husband was hit in the head with a hammer because he didn’t have a pistol for self defense

Sent from my iPad using Michigan Sportsman

· Registered
5,300 Posts
I wonder if some of these anti gun people would change their mind and want a gun in the house if, let’s say their husband was hit in the head with a hammer because he didn’t have a pistol for self defense

I wonder how many people when sitting at home just have a loaded gun, not in the safe, within arm's reach during an average sleepy Tuesday or whatever. Honestly. When you see somebody approaching to knock at the door or something, do you run to load a gun just in case? Lol

Sent from my SM-S908U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

· Registered
7,274 Posts
You don’t ?
Even if it’s in a safe. You hear someone breaking glass, you can get a locked gun faster than waiting for police. ( which from my understanding is not many in the whole county. And if they’re all in south haven for some reason, I’d be screwed)

· Registered
5,508 Posts
I wonder how many people when sitting at home just have a loaded gun, not in the safe, within arm's reach during an average sleepy Tuesday or whatever. Honestly. When you see somebody approaching to knock at the door or something, do you run to load a gun just in case? Lol

I have my glock 22 on my stand next to my computer at all times!! Next to my chair when i'm watching t.v. i have my judge with 21/2" 4 shot in it because thats what i use when rabbit hunting when get home from hunting clean it up then put on stand next to chair.

· Registered
1,150 Posts

I figure the NRA stickers on the doors are fair warning🤣.

481 - 500 of 539 Posts