Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
461 - 480 of 539 Posts

· Registered
3,479 Posts
And 100% political.
Not at all. Responding that our country is under the same scrutiny as Michigan where banning weapons is concerned is not IMO political. Controversial maybe but a reach to say it's a political comment. Oh, I'm sure a moderator will respond by calling BS but it was NOT political. If my response was political, the 463 prior to mine were as well yet the thread is still alive. I disagree.

· Registered
2,015 Posts
Not at all. Responding that our country is under the same scrutiny as Michigan where banning weapons is concerned is not IMO political. Controversial maybe but a reach to say it's a political comment. Oh, I'm sure a moderator will respond by calling BS but it was NOT political. If my response was political, the 463 prior to mine were as well yet the thread is still alive. I disagree.
I didn't mean to imply that your statement was political. I was saying that the move to ban ANY firearm, ammo, etc, is 100% political.

· Registered
9,723 Posts
We have reached a point in home maker technology that an assault weapon ban would only stop those that already follow the law.

For $100 and some time tuning or for $1000 for a ready to run printer you can make what ever you want.

Time to stop focusing on the gun and pursue some real action. The ATF's current pistol brace ruling is another example of pointless legislation. All it means for me is a $200 saving to make my pistol an SBR.

Examples of self manufactured firearms.

Hoffman Orca - 223
Using off the shelf LPK, barrel and BCG

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Wood Line

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Shotgun Metal

FGC9 - 9MM
Designed in the EU to be built with fully compliant EU parts including instructions on how to home EDM the barrel
Wood Machine Technology Camera accessory Art

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine gun

Background of the FGC9 creator.

10/22 Pistol
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

· Registered
3,986 Posts
We have reached a point in home maker technology that an assault weapon ban would only stop those that already follow the law.

For $100 and some time tuning or for $1000 for a ready to run printer you can make what ever you want.

Time to stop focusing on the gun and pursue some real action. The ATF's current pistol brace ruling is another example of pointless legislation. All it means for me is a $200 saving to make my pistol an SBR.

Hoffman Orca - 223

View attachment 879400
View attachment 879398

FGC9 - 9MM
Designed in the EU to be built with fully compliant EU parts including instructions on how to home EDM the barrel
View attachment 879401

View attachment 879402

10/22 Pistol
View attachment 879404
If the Idiots pass their ignorant “Assault Weapon Ban” I don’t know one law abiding citizen that will comply.

· Registered
3,479 Posts

Hoffman Orca - 223

View attachment 879400
View attachment 879398

FGC9 - 9MM
View attachment 879401

View attachment 879402

10/22 Pistol
View attachment 879404
A buddy that does all my Cerakoting has a CNC machine. Builds his own lowers and uppers. He has licensing for it but he is one example of this. It's very easy to do with proper machinery.

· Registered
9,723 Posts
A buddy that does all my Cerakoting has a CNC machine. Builds his own lowers and uppers. He has licensing for it but he is one example of this. It's very easy to do with proper machinery.
Yes it is. This was my first milled lower from a piece of 7075 bar stock. No buffer tube on this one as I used a bufferless bcg

Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Rectangle Gas

3d Printing is much cheaper and the end product functions very well.

· Registered
6,020 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: RHRoss

· Registered
2,015 Posts

· Registered
3,479 Posts
I am her neighbor actually on the lake. Word is she's finally moving off the lake. Probably move out to the bay or onto torch. I give it till the next election cycle and petey is gonna run for something up here.GT county , specifically TC, is ripe for his kind of politics.
I'm absolutely sure TC is perfect for him to get around 90% of the vote. Maybe 85%.

461 - 480 of 539 Posts