Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's some pictures of my new Supermag from the Mighty Layout Boys. I've got to build a rack to haul it inside my boat and I'll be ready to pound diver's this up coming duck season. I have a couple ideas for the rack, just wonder what you layout guys are using. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Good luck that supermag is huge but light wieght lots of room we put my friends inside his 18 ft boat and my classic go's on the bow of my boat make sure you strape the mag down the wind when your drive will take it up because its so light. Had my strape come loss on the classic and brother caught the when it started to swing up. That suck

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
I think the glare is OK. There is always a glaring reflection on the water in sunlight. What is NOT natural is SHADOWS. I think that's why they use clear plastic for the shield.

Nice boat! I've saved my pennies and will get one very soon. Can't wait for the opener!!!! The Goldeneyes stayed here all season in the river. Made me crazy.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the same thing when ordering the clear spray sheild. Using the clear sheild will not cast a shadow on those sunny days and also fit in with the glare from the water.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have the same layout, the clear combing has not affected the way the birds work the decoys at all.

I cut a couple of 2x4s to sit crosswise on the interior walls of my boat, then added some small blocks on them that the boat fits between. I use rathect straps to hold it down on the road.

On the water I have some heavy foam pieces that fit over the sides of my boat and I put the layout crossiwise resting on them. I put a couple of tie offs on each side and I cinch ropes down over the front and back to hold it in place while heading to our spot.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These last couple days have been pretty tough with wind blowing and having can's and blue bill's rafting on the pound. As for the hedge row blind it's really a small decoy trailer that you can strap a boat on top of to hunt management units and beaver ponds.:)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Get yourself one of those 1" thick foam hunting seat cushions in grey and velcro it to the backrest. You'll swear your in your La-Z-Boy ;)

You'll never need your front combing block, I've never used mine, and I've been out in as heavy of water as you want to hunt in...

As for the "glare"... a lot of old school layouts used a semi-gloss finish, Busick boats are shiny. How many "non-glare" surfaces do you see on the water? Does the work "Camouflage" not mean "to blend with one's surroundings"?

I have hunted my SuperMag next to a Classic with a traditional cordura combing, and from 400 yards, the only boat you could see is the smaller one, due to the high profile. The clear shield vanishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.