Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Which do you like better? And why
Our Deeres are larger Ag tractors so there is no basis for comparison. In ag tractors I have been involved with a 120 horse Kubota and a 120 horse Deere we lease for haying season. The Deere is twice the tractor, but at a premium price.

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What model is that Kubota and the blower?
Tractor is a LX2610. I will check the model on the blower when i am out later.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
I have almost the same tractor but an older model 2650. Probably have the same blower too. I just don't have the cab.

·
Registered
9,892 Posts
Our Deeres are larger Ag tractors so there is no basis for comparison. In ag tractors I have been involved with a 120 horse Kubota and a 120 horse Deere we lease for haying season. The Deere is twice the tractor, but at a premium price.
In the Kuboto line would you rate yours as small, mid-sized or big, does it do everything you require it to do? And do it well.

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
In the Kuboto line would you rate yours as small, mid-sized or big, does it do everything you require it to do? And do it well.
I would consider it small, 26hp. We bought it to blow snow around the house and on my wife’s walking trails and I think it will do very well. My wife used it to back fill a 4 foot deep electrical trench in a confined area and she was somewhat impressed with it's capability. We have larger tractors and a JD644 end loader on the farm so this will not be a big job tractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Reactions: Steve

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
But does it have the gun and holster?
Up here even soccer moms mini vans come standard with the pistol and holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
PTO driven ones are slow and there’s not enough flow on a tractor that size for a hydraulic driven one. Plus they’re $$$
I would love to be able to rent one. I've watched videos on YouTube and while they might be slow, I would have the tractor's three point to move it around.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I would love to be able to rent one. I've watched videos on YouTube and while they might be slow, I would have the tractor's three point to move it around.
Off track for sure. Years ago I rented a stump grinder when I lived in the city. Was pretty slick self driving and was super easy to control. Able to set depth of cut and swing back and forth. Made short work of a huge sugar maple I had cut down to make room for a garage addition. Of course came on a trailer. Had to have been rented from Home Depot if I remember correctly.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Off track for sure. Years ago I rented a stump grinder when I lived in the city. Was pretty slick self driving and was super easy to control. Able to set depth of cut and swing back and forth. Made short work of a huge sugar maple I had cut down to make room for a garage addition. Of course came on a trailer. Had to have been rented from Home Depot if I remember correctly.
I love the idea of using one on my three point as I have stumps all over the place, most not big, but moving from one site to another quickly would be great.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If you have trees, brush, and stumps to take care of.....you should consider renting a skid-steer with a mulcher on it. Fecon is the most well known brand.

I cleared out 1/2 of an acre of 20' tall buckthorn in about 5 hours with one. It can go down to about 6" into the dirt, and everything in its patch is made into mulch. You can also mow down 30' trees.....just don't raise the mulcher up more then 1-2 feet.....otherwise you could throw something back at the cab. The buckthorn was up to 18" diameter, but I also took care of some 24" pine tree, maple tree, and elm tree stumps. Rented it in 2014 for $1400 delivered for a day, plus $200 for the shattered side window when a branch sprung thru the side window. You also need business insurance for it, so you won't be able to rent it individually. My friend let me put it on his painting business.

I think the only issue is cleaning up the mulch when you are done. I did it manually by raking it into piles and letting it dry out for a month. It probably took me 50 hours to burn up all the mulch. In the future.....a bucket on a skid-steer or a backhoe or a 3-point blade would have been much better.

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
If you have trees, brush, and stumps to take care of.....you should consider renting a skid-steer with a mulcher on it. Fecon is the most well known brand.

I cleared out 1/2 of an acre of 20' tall buckthorn in about 5 hours with one. It can go down to about 6" into the dirt, and everything in its patch is made into mulch. You can also mow down 30' trees.....just don't raise the mulcher up more then 1-2 feet.....otherwise you could throw something back at the cab. The buckthorn was up to 18" diameter, but I also took care of some 24" pine tree, maple tree, and elm tree stumps. Rented it in 2014 for $1400 delivered for a day, plus $200 for the shattered side window when a branch sprung thru the side window. You also need business insurance for it, so you won't be able to rent it individually. My friend let me put it on his painting business.

I think the only issue is cleaning up the mulch when you are done. I did it manually by raking it into piles and letting it dry out for a month. It probably took me 50 hours to burn up all the mulch. In the future.....a bucket on a skid-steer or a backhoe or a 3-point blade would have been much better.
I’ve never seen a rental house put one of these together for a rental. Both the attachment and the machine are easily abused by someone operating it that doesn’t know what they’re doing. I sold several of these to customers, but they would never consider renting then without an operator.

Curious where you rented it from and do they still rent it?

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
I love the idea of using one on my three point as I have stumps all over the place, most not big, but moving from one site to another quickly would be great.
One of the Ag stores might have a rental. If you find one, it more than likely will be set up to run hydraulically on a skid steer rather than 3 point. If you have skid steer attachment capability on your loader, you could try running it off your tractor hydraulics, but I doubt it would work very well. Ag tractor hydraulics aren’t designed with sufficient flow to run an attachment like that efficiently.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts