Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we watched a doe in our yard which is not unusual except that since the wife set several new bird feeders and put baffles on them, the deer usually stay on the other side. Not so yesterday. This doe came right to the house and let me take her picture. She appeared to have either just dropped a fawn or was ready to.
[/IMG]

This morning we got up and after breakfast my wife noticed what she thought was a rabbit. When the sun got more on it, wow! It turned out to be a fawn. The fawn is almost right where the doe was standing for her picture.
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

One interesting thing is that when I went out of the house, two does jumped up and ran off. We hadn't even noticed them bedded under a maple only about 15 yards from the fawn.

The fawn is doing well. We'll stay low key today and just watch and see.

· Registered
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, I took it for a spin yesterday. It certainly is different and I like it!

At 11:55, the fawn is doing good. Only problem is he is now in the sun. Hope it don't get too hot today as the doe probably won't be back until evening. My wife is keeping close watch on it. lol

· Registered
4,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: My wife said at 3:00 the doe came in and let the fawn nurse. They then left the yard but she could still see them for quite a while. No doubt the doe just took the fawn to a new resting spot, which is very common. Nontheless, we feel very blessed to have something like this in our yard.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Dennis,

Congrats on the new addition! Keep us posted on how it's doing. Believe it or not, I had a button-buck in the yard a few weeks ago eating out of our bird feeder . We live in the city, so that was crazy.

Mark-Holland.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.