Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, a Question.. I have a couple of single size FISHTRAPS. My wife says she's interested in going next year, but wants to be in the same shelter as me. So it looks like I'm going to be "forced" to buy a new shelter. I have a quad ,so weight doesn't matter much. I need one that is at least a two person, but should probably get a three person. What do you guys recomend. Slowpoke, what's the one you have. That looked pretty nice. I should've taken a closer look when I had the chance, but I didn't think I would ever get her to go icefishing. She has seen some of the perch pics on this forum, and I think that's what hooked her. Thanks for this forum. I'm already looking forward to next year. Capnhook

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Do you want to build it yourself or buy one ready to use?
I have 2 one is home made and the other is a viking. I like my homemade unit the best b/c its a big one and I can give you the directions and pics if you like but its heavy and must be pulled with a machine and you will need a pickup or trailer to haul it around(to the lake) I pull it with a quad and even a 225 3 wheeler
If anyone is interested pm me i will glady help.

Smiley

P.s. I built my homemade unit for around 170 bucks and its 8ft long 4ft wide and 7ft tall(I like to stretch sometimes...lol) and it does fold up flat

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Capnhook; I sent you a PM. I still have my Clam 5600 for sell and if you have a Fish Trap Pro I'll be interested in a trade. I do fish by myself sometimes and can use a one man trap. Brother-n-law might want the other one. I'll check with him.

·
Registered
20,131 Posts
Check out the Otters' also. This was my first season with the Otter Medium Den, its a very nice shack. The large den would be PERFECT for 2 people.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you members,
I was in a local sports store today, and spied a FISHTRAP-GUIDE. I wasn't ready to purchase one yet, but just took a look at it. The store owner was there and he made me an incredible deal so it wouldn't have to be "stored all summer", so I bought it. It looks big enough, and seem well built. Thanx again, Capnhook

1 - 7 of 7 Posts