Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 50 hp 4x4 tractor with a loader on it. Looking at these two tractors. Test drove the New Holland, I like the stance and loader joystick. Going to try a Kubota next. Both have good dealers close by. What color would you buy? Thanks

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the workmaster 60, basically it came down to price. I got the 60 over the 50 because the tires were larger, the frame and motor are exactly the same. At least that is what I was told 3-4 years ago.

I haven't had any issues that weren't self inflicted. Two flat front tires made me fill them with foam and I tore up the wiring harness trying to push brush.

I have had two neutral safety sensors go bad but they were both replaced.

I'm not overly impressed with the front bucket hoist capacity but my only other real experience would be a backhoe and that's a different beast for sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking for a 50 hp 4x4 tractor with a loader on it. Looking at these two tractors. Test drove the New Holland, I like the stance and loader joystick. Going to try a Kubota next. Both have good dealers close by. What color would you buy? Thanks
If I were to buy another tractor it would definately be ORANGE.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
35,217 Posts
I just went through the tractor comparison ordeal. Weight is key to pulling power so compare weight. It was my deciding factor. Don’t forget to get your tires loaded with a Rim Guard.

Reactions: Scout 2

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the specs sheet, the New Holland weighs 1300# more than the Kubota. The weight would be nice if I had to pull heavy things around. But it would be harder to haul behind my 1500 Ram 4x4. Still planning on test driving the Kubota this weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,773 Posts
I went thru this a few years ago. I tried green, blue and orange. Most were about the same but what I found was dealer close by is a big concern in choosing one. I went with an orange one but if I had it to do over I would like a Massy. They are a heaver trac but what stopped me from going to this on was no dealers close by.. Another thing to consider is the tires. I got the industrial because I use the loadr all the time. I lost a lot of traction by going this way. If I had it to do over again I would go with ag tires

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got to look at a mx5400 hst and a mx6000 hst. Liked them both, liked the width of the r4’s over r1’s. They didn’t have a Mx tractor with a clutch, I would prefer that over the hst. I wish I could have looked at the shifter setup, to see if it could be in the way. Anyone have a mx5400 Kubota with a standard transmission, that could possibly post a picture of the floor?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I also liked the Kubota M5660. Same hp. Just about 600lbs more weight and 3 inches wider, and 11 in longer. I kinda prefer the shuttle shift. Just a bigger tractor. I love the looks of the Mx but I think the M5660 will be better. Comes with one remote for free. Thinking of r1s for tires. The loader is the same lift capacity as the Mx. The 3pt is 1000 lbs more lift. The price is the same.

·
Registered
35,217 Posts
A couple of options you should include:

Hydraulic remotes, may be part of standard equipment package.
Block heater
Rim Guard

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have a new Holland 55hp with a shuttle shift. I’ve been very happy with it, but there are good options in every color. Mine came with r4 tires....they now set aside, unused as the ag tires are nicer for what I do (not real nice if you are doing any yard work at home as they are a bit tough on the lawn). Love the shuttle shift over my last standard transmission....but after running a friends jd hydro....man that hydro can be so much more efficient for movements in small, odd shaped plots or for when doing loader work! If I had to do it all over...I think I’d go hydro, even though I’m happy with the shuttle and it does everything I need. Lift capacity of a loader being less than what we want....isn’t always a bad thing! It can keep us out of trouble and from breaking things....speaking from experience on my last one that had more than enough lift capacity! Enough weight to do what you want, yet light enough to be able to haul with what you have are both important. Defiantly want to load the tires, and having rear remotes is huge! You may not need them now, but you will run into a time you will want them, and the time to get them is at the start...not down the road.

·
Addicted2hunting4
887 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts