Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

New Here would like some hunting/fishing buddies!

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  carl h 
#1 ·
Hi everyone my name is Kevin I live in big rapids Michigan! I am 21 and a senior at Ferris state university studying criminal justice. I am from Jackson Michigan, I have been looking for someone to hunt with. My roommate is new to hunting and is begging me to take him hunting with me but the problem is I don't have any Idea on where to hunt. I tried the state land but its pretty pressured around here. I don't feel safe so my hope is maybe some of you know some area's either in Big Rapids or Jackson that will be safer for me and my roommate. Any help would be great!

#4 ·
Welcome Kevin. I'll second what Steve said, and I'll also add to not overlook your hometown of Jackson, which is one of THE best hunting counties in the whole darn state!

Reactions: Kdub99
#6 ·
Hey Kevin. I am new to hunting and a little far away from big rapids, however I am looking for hunting buddies and love to see the different parts of the state. I wouldn't mind driving out there sometime to check out the scenery and crew up with some other hunters. Especially since every hunt I have done thus far I have been solo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.