Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I need some help. The girlfriend has really taken a liking to duck hunting. Right now she shoots a Winchester 1100 youth 12 gauge. She uses the same gun for deer hunting. Just throws a different barrel on it with a scope. For Christmas I want to get her a perment waterfowl hunting gun. Here is the problem she is like 5'1" and needs a youth gun. Does anyone know who makes a decent youth 12 gauge 3 inch chamber??

Thanks,
Jeff
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Remington Youth Compact 1187. 3" and has adjustable length of pull (shorter for more comfort). Comes in black or camo with rem chokes. Gas operated so will be easy on the recoil.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Benelli Ultra Light, light gun and fits smaller frame people well. Downside is that it is around $1300 bucks....it should get you laid at least three times.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ditch the girl friend and get yourself a new gun! You gotta do something to get out of that shooting slump.:evil: Or just go to Williams or Guns Galore and get to shopping. TNL had a good idea but i like Quack Wackers way of thinking.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Remington Youth Compact 1187. 3" and has adjustable length of pull (shorter for more comfort). Comes in black or camo with rem chokes. Gas operated so will be easy on the recoil.
:yeahthat:

Wife and kids love this pick in the 20 gauge. Quality gun all the way around at reasonable price. $629.00 at Walmart.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ditch the girl friend and get yourself a new gun! You gotta do something to get out of that shooting slump.:evil: Or just go to Williams or Guns Galore and get to shopping. TNL had a good idea but i like Quack Wackers way of thinking.
Ha ha. Most guys I hunt with call the shot then shoot. Not shoot then call the shot.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
951 Posts
You could buy an 870 with a wood stock and just cut the stock down a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just checked it out. Looks nice but I want to go with a 12 gauge.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure how fancy you are wanting to get...there's several nice, but pricey woman's/kids autoloaders out there. I got my wife the Tristar Diana 12 gauge. Pretty much made for chicks...has a real short stock and is quite light. Easier on the recoil vs. pumps/doubles, and it has functioned flawlessly with about a 2 cases through her so far. I got it new on auctionarms.com for $280. Not sure if they make that gun anymore though...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not sure how fancy you are wanting to get...there's several nice, but pricey woman's/kids autoloaders out there. I got my wife the Tristar Diana 12 gauge. Pretty much made for chicks...has a real short stock and is quite light. Easier on the recoil vs. pumps/doubles, and it has functioned flawlessly with about a 2 cases through her so far. I got it new on auctionarms.com for $280. Not sure if they make that gun anymore though...
I'm looking to spend 600-700 I guess a little more if I had to. Do most local gun shops carry these woman guns? Also how could I buy a womans shotgun, by law aren't you not allowed to buy a firearm for another person? I'm sure I could get away with a youth but a womans I dunno.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Ha ha. Most guys I hunt with call the shot then shoot. Not shoot then call the shot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Most guys I know go duck hunting to shoot...not bird watch...can't be upset because you don't pull the trigger :D:lol:

Don't be a little girl....get her a benelli! :evil:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha, you could deffinantly get away with a womans gun...especially since you shoot like a girl!!! :lol::evil::lol:
It's funny you posted Corey I was thinking which of my fiends looks most like a girl. Your name was the first to pop in my head :lol::lol::lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
It's funny you posted Corey I was thinking which of my fiends looks most like a girl. Your name was the first to pop in my head :lol::lol::lol:
Posted via Mobile Device
hmm....if I look like a girl, then what does it feel like to be outshot by me? man, that must make your manhood just fly out the window lol...P.s. shoot a band yet? :evil:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
FYI you CAN legally buy a gun for someone else as a gift. As long as she's not a convicted felon........

·
Registered
584 Posts
haha, you could deffinantly get away with a womans gun...especially since you shoot like a girl!!! :lol::evil::lol:
You have to pull the trigger to call it shooting.:evil: Its not my fault every duck you point your gun at folds before you pull the trigger. I think you should change your name to Duck Watch instead of Duck Call.:yikes: Thanks for havin my back Buster.;) Really im just messin with ya Duck, you can back me up anytime.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts