Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
261 - 267 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Appears if you Can "Purchase" Your License Using the APP more will be "Poaching" as why Buy unless You Have Not Shot Any Deer then you do shoot a Deer them Purchase a License If You Have Signal to Use the App.. So Lets Say I am out in the Woods and I See the Buck I want to shoot I then shoot the Buck Then I Use Said App and Purchase my License a License? Or maybe a Combo?
This goes against lawful Hunting where as Prior you needed to either Stop at a License Vendor or use the E License and Wait for the License or License to Arrive in the Mail. Then if You do SHOOT a Deer you are Out any $! Why would They Include the Ability to purchase a License I Thought It was Just to "REPORT" Your Deer Harvest??? And Apps are Prone to have Issues as to WORKING as Tech Always Has Bugs. And For some like Myself I am No Good With Tech or Apps as where I work they Push and App down to their Smart Phone and Then It works for a short while and Then they make a "change" and It No Longer Does! and this is "Common" Place with Apps especially when You Might Only Use the DNR's App in Oct, Nov or Dec and You KNOW They Will Change Things. Sure I have a Smart Phone as you really can't get a Flip Phone But That Said I have Yet to Add Any "APPS" to It as more Trouble when you are relying on it and Then It Does NOT! has been my Experience and I have only had a smart phone for about 1 year. As I only use it for Calls, Texting & mainly in case of Emergency and As I have mention It does not work where I Hunt but 1 spot and that is Txting!
Glad some think it works 100% here but I have tried both AT&T and Verizon and neither Work so for me I would have to Leave my Property and drive which I never do while there Hunting. SO ???
Looks Like I might not be Deer Hunting as I can't Meet their Deer Check In for 2021. Maybe the DNR needs ti Require these Phone Services to Expand their Services for There is 100% Coverage but If it has Not Happen as to Coverage By NOW I doubt either will Expand their Coverage. And If you were to look at Verizons It Suggests there us 100% at my Property when there is NOT Unless I am on top of the Hill there!!! It is Sad so many are Buying into this tech wait and see how many changes there will be with these "Apps and Tech and how many times it will FAIL.
I Thought Poaching Was An Important Thing To the DNR Again Apparently NOT! If they Offering This!!!
Newaygo1
TLDR: I believe you still have to wait for a tag to arrive in the mail after purchasing your license through the app.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
MAYBE? Again If You have a "record" then What, Oh I forget It?
You Only Need the License Number then? Or Maybe You can see that when You "Use The App To "purchase it??? And Use a "processor or a taxidermy??? Being you have both Numbers Needed? To Many What If's Too Much Trouble as a Friend had his License and Made a Day Trip to Hunt and Then Before he "COULD" take it to a Deer Processor he Then Had to go to Town FIND a "public Wifi" (That is Not "SECURE)" (In Town) To Check His" 3 Point" Buck then he COULD Take It IN as it was Warm Outside this Week"! The meat would have gone BAD... So How Much of an Inconvenience??? Then He Could drive 2 Hours Home but had to do the After Hours Drop Off at a Processor... Makes for a Long DAY! Thanks for the Quote but everyone I have talk to about this says and I Quote "OVERREACH" By the STATE! And He is Retired so he Has the Time! Other Do Not!
Newaygo1

·
Registered
762 Posts
Those are the right answers to give to Big Brother, who wants to know exactly where you've been and what you've done.
I can tell your a man of intellect and principals, so I know for a fact you wouldn't carry one of those cell phones. After all, the big brother man can and does at times track you on that right? You probably wouldn't use a credit or debit card either right?

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Well, if you're a government trusting sycophant I guess it's OK with you. Personally, I want to reverse the trend of government knowing where I am and what I've done, and I won't be reporting any kills and certainly not where I've hunted. You do realize that this information can be used to find you when the Liberals start crossing the line and come for the guns.
You can’t possibly be serious? Why even buy a tag? If you’re gonna violate and choose to be illegal then go all out.

You post on the internet, pay taxes, carry a government issued ID, use a credit card, purchase guns legally through a background check and CARRY A CELL phone. All of which can be used to track you. Yet this little reporting of your harvest is what makes you whine and get your panties in a bunch? Do you and ones like you realize how ridiculous you sound?

·
47,853 Posts
Stating that you will refuse to comply certainly doesn't give any evidence that you refused to comply, but it does let the government wanks know that there's resistance. It's going to be pretty hard to get caught not registering unless an officer actually sees your deer and checks for registration. I wonder if they'll be able to access that information in real time? If they don't know you got a deer, they can't prove you failed to register.
In part the reason for 72 hours.

·
Registered
15,296 Posts
Mandated response???
Misdemeanor???
$500 fine???
Just because I didn’t tell them I killed a deer??? …or 12

If you’re ok with this, we’re not ok

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Most all hunting violations are misdemeanors yes i am ok with that. Been that way my entire life and hasnt caused me any issues. General hunting violations have been $50-500 fine as long as I can remember

Things as simple as not wearing hunter orange are $50-500 fine and misdemeanor.
Sent from my SM-S901U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

261 - 267 of 267 Posts