Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 299 Posts
You can fasten the tag to the lower leg.
I like that Tennessee option of checking the deer in on your phone without tagging it so you can actually legally take a few photos of the deer before you clutter up the antlers with a tag.
I’m sure there are people now who wait to buy a tag until after they shoot a deer. How hard is it to shoot a deer walk back to your truck drive to a store and buy a tag or call someone and have them buy a tag. The only way to help prevent this is to not sell any licenses after opening day. Don’t know how practical that would be with our current tag system. I don’t think the on line system will have any effect on this.
Appears if you Can "Purchase" Your License Using the APP more will be "Poaching" as why Buy unless You Have Not Shot Any Deer then you do shoot a Deer them Purchase a License If You Have Signal to Use the App.. So Lets Say I am out in the Woods and I See the Buck I want to shoot I then shoot the Buck Then I Use Said App and Purchase my License a License? Or maybe a Combo?
This goes against lawful Hunting where as Prior you needed to either Stop at a License Vendor or use the E License and Wait for the License or License to Arrive in the Mail. Then if You do SHOOT a Deer you are Out any $! Why would They Include the Ability to purchase a License I Thought It was Just to "REPORT" Your Deer Harvest??? And Apps are Prone to have Issues as to WORKING as Tech Always Has Bugs. And For some like Myself I am No Good With Tech or Apps as where I work they Push and App down to their Smart Phone and Then It works for a short while and Then they make a "change" and It No Longer Does! and this is "Common" Place with Apps especially when You Might Only Use the DNR's App in Oct, Nov or Dec and You KNOW They Will Change Things. Sure I have a Smart Phone as you really can't get a Flip Phone But That Said I have Yet to Add Any "APPS" to It as more Trouble when you are relying on it and Then It Does NOT! has been my Experience and I have only had a smart phone for about 1 year. As I only use it for Calls, Texting & mainly in case of Emergency and As I have mention It does not work where I Hunt but 1 spot and that is Txting!
Glad some think it works 100% here but I have tried both AT&T and Verizon and neither Work so for me I would have to Leave my Property and drive which I never do while there Hunting. SO ???
Looks Like I might not be Deer Hunting as I can't Meet their Deer Check In for 2021. Maybe the DNR needs ti Require these Phone Services to Expand their Services for There is 100% Coverage but If it has Not Happen as to Coverage By NOW I doubt either will Expand their Coverage. And If you were to look at Verizons It Suggests there us 100% at my Property when there is NOT Unless I am on top of the Hill there!!! It is Sad so many are Buying into this tech wait and see how many changes there will be with these "Apps and Tech and how many times it will FAIL.
I Thought Poaching Was An Important Thing To the DNR Again Apparently NOT! If they Offering This!!!
Newaygo1
And a lot of stupid people who will tag a deer dated for Tuesday and their tag was bought on Wednesday.
I’m sure there are people now who wait to buy a tag until after they shoot a deer. How hard is it to shoot a deer walk back to your truck drive to a store and buy a tag or call someone and have them buy a tag. The only way to help prevent this is to not sell any licenses after opening day. Don’t know how practical that would be with our current tag system. I don’t think the on line system will have any effect on this.
And many will believe that this is much better data.
I can see it now. I'm standing in line at the local sporting goods shack while the guy in front is asked what day he shot his deer last year - "Well, I know it wasn't a Monday because that's bowling night. And it wasn't Wednesday because that's all you can eat catfish at Betty's Diner. I'm going to say it was a Thursday."

No sir, what date did you shoot it on?

Oh, well it wasn't October because I remember it was after Halloween. Or wait, was that 2 years ago? By golly I think it might have been October ....
Well, if you're a government trusting sycophant I guess it's OK with you. Personally, I want to reverse the trend of government knowing where I am and what I've done, and I won't be reporting any kills and certainly not where I've hunted. You do realize that this information can be used to find you when the Liberals start crossing the line and come for the guns.
I'm not a huge fan of mdnr but this is the right thing to do, it's a positive progressive move and I support it 100%. Don't need to hear about how it's gonna impact other data collection - check in stations & mail survey - just report your deer this way and shut up simple as that. Sure there will be people who kill deer and don't report just like there's always been people who kill deer and don't tag them, at least now law abiding NORMAL people will have the kills accounted for. If participation is at a high level with this someday we & the DNR will have great information on what's actually happening during our deer seasons. For example my buddies and I have killed hundreds of deer in our combined hunting careers and never had a DNR check a deer or a tag. The DNR has no idea about any of these kills, at least now when we report these kills they will be recorded and I see nothing wrong with that. IMO there's no reason not to.
Those are the right answers to give to Big Brother, who wants to know exactly where you've been and what you've done.
And many will believe that this is much better data.
You buy a hunting license without a driver's license?
Well, if you're a government trusting sycophant I guess it's OK with you. Personally, I want to reverse the trend of government knowing where I am and what I've done, and I won't be reporting any kills and certainly not where I've hunted. You do realize that this information can be used to find you when the Liberals start crossing the line and come for the guns.
You have him there. That ship has sailed.
The reporting is not to increase deer numbers. That management philosophy will continue as long as we have the same people, and people like them, in charge of the DNR. It's certainly time to get the will of the people into government again. Or, basically, get most of the governing out of government.
I honestly don't care about how people manage large parcels of private land.

What I'd like see is better statistics from our public lands that might result in better management practices, like the realization that a 800 acre SGA in a heavily populated Southern Michigan county probably shouldn't have Infinity doe tags available and a one month long gun season (when you consider our neighboring states have gun seasons that take place over a weekend or two).

If our DNR actually intends to use this data in a way that will lead to regulation changes then I can see this being worth it but if they're going to continue with the "if it's brown it's down" management philosophy that has guided this state and it's recent past then I don't understand the point of burdening people with additional responsibility.
Does my drivers license license tell you where I am or what I've done?
The reason the DNR doesn't manage the resource "right" is they don't want to manage it the way we want it managed. DNR biologists have always been able to measure the deer populations with high accuracy. Now they want the populations radically shrunk, and most people will take advantage of the "permission" to shoot what they can, not worrying about the ability to do so in the future.
i wouldn't really put much stock in facebook comments. only the motivated minority are gonna feel compelled to bitch about something

the vast majority of people will just shrug and take the 2 minutes to check their deer in

I'm mildly annoyed by it, but I've taken the survey when I've been mailed it, and self-reported my deer activity on the voluntary online one the last few years. The least I could do to help the resource

The same people who complain about doing stuff like this are going to complain about the DNR not managing the resource right
Yup! Right downtown! :D
I'll be sure to select Lansing as my kill location.:) And last few years I had to drive 50 miles to get my patch. I'll be happy to be able to buy one and have it mailed to me. I just hope you have to enter a license # to buy one so scalpers do clean them out
There he is !!! That's the kind of whiny crap I don't understand from those who are too stubborn to handle a simple task. You can respond to this thread within 2 hours of it being started but have a problem with reporting a deer kill... come on.
You think being willing to discuss government excess should make one willing to comply with that same excess? Not too logical.
Reactions: RHRoss
Mandated response???
Misdemeanor???
$500 fine???
Just because I didn’t tell them I killed a deer??? …or 12

If you’re ok with this, we’re not ok

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman
Stop crying about it like little girls and do it., You all act like it's a burden or something. Be thankful you're allowed to hunt. It's not going to stop the poachers, it's not going to stop those that don't comply with anything else. If you're not responsible and honest enough to do it. "DON'T". But don't cry when you get caught and have top pay a fine or lose your rights to hunt for a few years.
Allowed?! Man, you must think you're a vassal of somone.
Stop crying about it like little girls and do it., You all act like it's a burden or something. Be thankful you're allowed to hunt. It's not going to stop the poachers, it's not going to stop those that don't comply with anything else. If you're not responsible and honest enough to do it. "DON'T". But don't cry when you get caught and have top pay a fine or lose your rights to hunt for a few years.
Reporting a dead deer is going to be the least of your problems when they come to take your guns, considering that you've already volunteered to them where you live and that you're a hunter. You've already screwed yourself - better dump your cell phone that tells them where you're at and head for the hills.
Does my drivers license license tell you where I am or what I've done?
Well, if you trust to DNR to manage for better deer harvests . . . I guess you do you.
Makes one wonder how many lied at the deer check stations anyways. Hunters want better deer management, yet when a possible tool for the DNR to used is introduced, some have to scream into the wind. Can't make this shaite up!!
Every little thing adds to us being slaves and vassals. Pretty soon we'll have to ask where we can work and what we can buy. There's more to this than finding out where deer were killed.
Reporting a dead deer is going to be the least of your problems when they come to take your guns, considering that you've already volunteered to them where you live and that you're a hunter. You've already screwed yourself - better dump your cell phone that tells them where you're at and head for the hills.
Stating that you will refuse to comply certainly doesn't give any evidence that you refused to comply, but it does let the government wanks know that there's resistance. It's going to be pretty hard to get caught not registering unless an officer actually sees your deer and checks for registration. I wonder if they'll be able to access that information in real time? If they don't know you got a deer, they can't prove you failed to register.
Like they had posted on social media that they would refuse to comply, then get caught not registering LOL!
241 - 260 of 299 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.