Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an Orvis TLS Matrix 10' 7 weight rod which I broke in Alaska last week on a Sockeye (bummer). Thinking of upgrading to the same rod in the Access model or the Access 7 weight switch rod. Anyone have any experience with these rods compared to the TLS Matrix? I use the rod mostly for indy fishing for steelhead on the PM, Muskegon, White or swinging flies. I'm thinking of going with the switch rod to make it a little easier on my right arm. Thanks for any advice.
Fish On!:fish:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I currently have an Orvis TLS Matrix 10' 7 weight rod which I broke in Alaska last week on a Sockeye (bummer). Thinking of upgrading to the same rod in the Access model or the Access 7 weight switch rod. Anyone have any experience with these rods compared to the TLS Matrix? I use the rod mostly for indy fishing for steelhead on the PM, Muskegon, White or swinging flies. I'm thinking of going with the switch rod to make it a little easier on my right arm. Thanks for any advice.
Send the TLS back to Orvis, they'll fix it or replace it.

·
Premium Member
9,594 Posts
Broke a rod while fishing Sockeye in Alaska and you say bummer.....you were fishing in Alaska. Our first trip we broke three......am bringing three spares on this trip.........I break a rod while fishing in Alaska, I just smile and pull out another.:D

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts

Where did u fish and any photos you can share?

:)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
miles nH-YEAH!!!;4183275]Where did u fish and any photos you can share?

I fished Lake Creek which is about 90 miles northwest of Anchorage and I fished a couple different rivers in Cordova. I will post some pics sometime this weekend. We caught rainbows, dollys, kings, Sockeye and grayling, what an awsome place.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea you have a point, the only bummer was I left may extra rod in the hotel room, I was able to sit back and enjoy the scenery and watch my son catch sockeye, also seen a river otter catch his dinner, awsome palce. Broke a rod while fishing Sockeye in Alaska and you say bummer.....you were fishing in Alaska. Our first trip we broke three......am bringing three spares on this trip.........I break a rod while fishing in Alaska, I just smile and pull out another.:D[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
863 Posts
Broke a rod while fishing Sockeye in Alaska and you say bummer.....you were fishing in Alaska. Our first trip we broke three......am bringing three spares on this trip.........I break a rod while fishing in Alaska, I just smile and pull out another.:D
Wow! Must be nice....

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
miles nH-YEAH!!!;4183275]Where did u fish and any photos you can share?

I fished Lake Creek which is about 90 miles northwest of Anchorage and I fished a couple different rivers in Cordova. I will post some pics sometime this weekend. We caught rainbows, dollys, kings, Sockeye and grayling, what an awsome place.
Congratulations!

I'd never caught a fresh run sockeye til last year. I had no idea they run like bonefish. My left thumb still hurts when I think about how hard the reel handle smashed into it when I tried reeling too early.

Crazy how hard a 5 lb fish can fight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts