Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a new crossbow for the upcoming season. Currently, I shoot a 10pt. Titan that is about 8 years old. I'm looking for something lighter and more compact. I'd like to keep the cost around $600. Any suggestions on what others shoot. Thanks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Second on Excalibur....awesome, easy, accurate and will last forever...and u can conduct your own maintenance all by yourself for free. Truly, u can do everything by yourself after watching one video on the Excalibur site.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If yer not looking for a chest pounding fad,,, Excalibur AXE would be the best hunting bow with your criteria. I've owned the newest the latest 10 points, a Niitro X, Scorpyd custom 165, both over 420 fps,, their gone! Stealth NXT Darton 150 Parker Hurricane, Striker, on and on, all high maintenance, and the only thing they do is send the arrows farther out the other side of the game my Excalibur's do!

All good bows, some of the fastest, all accurate, none lighter or more accurate than the Excalibur's I have and still own, My 380 Matrix is 6 years old and my favorite bow! My Micro Suppressor is the shortest lightest bow I have owned even over the new Nitro-X, and the most accurate I can shoot offhand, but every Excalibur I have owned were far better hunting bows than those over 2K dollar bows, that cost 4 times moire than their worth! The Excalibur bows are all I will use today, in my opinion, the best, MOST ACCURATE, MOST RELIABLE, EASIEST TO MAINTAIN hunting bows ever built!!

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
I have a bear, and it does everything I need prolly just under $300. but, next year will be the 4th. year on the string. even if you don't shoot it much they can get dry rot, and most suggest 3-4 years, This is argued, but it is true. You can order a string much cheaper, but without a press, you can't put in on, and then without a draw board you can't put it in tune, to have the cams firing a the same time. I worked at an archery shop , where we made strings, It would be $125, for a new one, more then 1/3 the cost of the bow. so, my next one will be an ex-cal kISS

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Excalibur rules! Bought my used Vortex (322 FPS with chronometer) is William Tell accurate at 20 yards (splits arrows). After third occurrence, stopped practicing in the same bull circle. Incredible accuracy, bullet-proof design, cheap & easy to service yourself in field if necessary. And, you can buy upmarket on Craigslist and spend your savings on optics.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Excalibur, is without question tops on my list. As far as I that goes it's the only brand on my list..

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had Horton and Barnett crossbows. Excalibur is by far the best crossbow I've ever owned. Had 1 issues with the scope and they were right on it. Some of the best customer service in the industry.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Bear makes good bows at that price point, some even cheaper with plenty of speed
Some of Bear branded x-bows are made in Taiwan by Man Kung.That companys parent company is based in the Netherlands..Man Kung also makes X-Bows for Crossman and sold under the Centerpoint brand name..

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am not surprised they are made in Taiwan, I mean for $250 it makes sense. I too like Excalibur but $1,200 for a 360 TD is ridiculous. Anyway, my bow shoots great, and it kills deer really dead.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
$1,200 for a 360 TD is ridiculous.
Not really if we're fair about pricing comparisons. "360 TD" = takedown. Breaking down the bow from the limb, without impacting zero, is a really amazing feature which makes transporting a dream. Features cost (big) money. The Assassin 420 TD is $1800. Ouch! Speed costs too.

For comparison, you can get a Matrix 355 for $650, and the Axe 340 is only $600. Except non-takedown.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts