Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am going to get tons of different answers on this and that is what I want because I believe I have narrowed it down to two possibly 3 models already and just waiting until after the holidays to pull the trigger and finally buy one. With that said the beginning of January is approaching and that means ATA show and SHOT show, so the 2020 models will be out. I am looking for my first crossbow, in the price range of 400 to 450 and come in a package with an illuminated scope. I have been looking at the killer instinct line and I thing they provide great value for the money. Now I know the stores are going to try to clear out their 2019 inventory and a 2019 model kills just as well as a 2020 model, I dont want to buy a bow that is no longer in production. I have been told killer instinct is coming out with 4 new models. If you were in my situation would you wait and get the newest and best in the price range or would you try to buy an older model that is on sale so my 450 is more like 600?

·
Premium Member
7,575 Posts
Being your first crossbow or your 5th or 10th it would be wise to actually handle and shoot (if possible) the models in your price range. Check crossbow talk and crossbow nation forums, they are dedicated to crossbows only and can be great sources of information, probably both better sources of information than M-S may provide.
First year models sometimes have kinks to be worked out so tried and true isn’t necessarily a bad approach. Good luck !

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
What is the concern with an out of production cross bow? The $300 Killer Instinct at Northwoods will kill a deer just a dead as a brand new 2020 bow. I personally always try to keep money in my pocket. I will buy a previous model over the newest model every time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts