1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I tried the Scent Blocker...ohhhh what the heck is the name of it........well anyways. It was water proof and fleeced. Had an arm guard. I think it was, the next step up from the Dream Season stuff they had, was the outfitter serious. Tell ya what, it is good stuff. Well worth the money, just make sure to wash it in the carbon wash stuff and follow the care directions to get it to last. One other thing, at least with mine, the scent blocker outfit is pretty warm, seems to really hold heat. In the early season, got real warm. By the end of october and thru early November it was perfect.

·
Registered
7,479 Posts
I'd go light Hads, and just layer underneath it.

I looked at the Timber fleece stuff and wasn't impressed with the looks of the camo....very faded looking. Plus, it'd be really hot in the early season.

The Full Season is nice, but could get really warm in early October also.

Currently, I have the Dakota series SL and even that gets really warm in the early season. Try to get something that is full cut too. The bomber jackets really ride up when they have an elastic waist. They had a really nice Savanna series jacket that was full cut with a couple of cargo pockets on the outside.....very nice. I think they called it the Archers Jacket, but I can't find it anymore. The new Savanna EXT Deluxe jacket is pretty nice though....it has some-what of a full cut too.

I'd try to stay with SL though. I've found that the Cabela's brands hold up better, but I also hear that the SL brand garments have really come around.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok well I hav narrowed it down to the Scent-Lok® Timber Fleece 360 and the Scent-Lok® Full Season™ Series. Anyone know anything about them?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts