Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you are aware, I am likely to be having surgery on a herniated disk in my lower back shortly (I am going for consultation this TUES.), and probably will be having a rather short ice season.
:sad:
I hit a local inland body of water with my step - son this afternoon, figuring my time is short - and we got a few perch and one decent walleye about 25".
It takes a little wrangling to get a 4+Lb. fish to come thru a 6" hole when they're ticked off.
:lol:
#5 glow perch jigging shad rap, 25 FOW - 4:30PM.

:chillin:
It was great to be out and now my step son wants an Arctic Armor suit too.
:D

I sure hope I heal fast - maybe I can still get out again YET!!
:evilsmile

RAS

·
Premium Member
12,209 Posts
Sweet! Hope ya heal fast too!:fish::coolgleam

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
You won't be using all that high-tech fishing equipment? Well...your in luck...I'll be glad to keep everything working as you don't want to let things sit idle and deteriorate while you heal...DO YOU? All kidding aside...good luck and hope you get back soon!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Nice fish Robert....Later if ya want to I can get ya set in a chair in my jet sled and I'll just pull you out there? :) Then I can set up the hub and lift it up and over ya ;) You got the will, we can find a way.

Seriously though, good luck with everything and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Bryan

·
Registered
267 Posts
Good luck with the surgery Robert. The pick of that eye is making me jealous. Guess I'll stick to the big yellow bellies. Shoot me a PM if you have any chances to get out before the surgery.

Bob

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Nice FREEK 'in Fish!

I picked up one of those new glow perch #5 raps myself, cant wait to try it out;)

Wishin ya well on yo back!

I will swing by and pick up the 4000 watter:SHOCKED:, and keeper Juiced up for you all winter:evilsmile

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nice Slab Eye Robert! Good luckwith your outcome. It dosen't sound like fun.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Good job Robert. I knew something was funny because I drove by this afternoon and as soon as I got near the lake my hair started standing on end........figured you had that 10 gigawatt beast fired up somewhere...:lol:

·
Retired
3,347 Posts
Nice report and fish!

Hope things get better with the back.

I talked to spud today and he said he was sitting with a heating pad on his back too.

WuZZzZz UpP WiT DAt?!?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
i SeE tHaT a BlInD sQuIrReL cAn FiNd A nUt EvErY oNcE iN aWhIlE.

For those of you that need translation on the above sentence... as I know Robert can read it without any trouble... :D

I see that a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in awhile.

Hmmm
.... although it looks like you probably found it laying around on the ice instead of catching it though!!

Ok... ok... I'll give you credit this time around!!

"Homey" said:
It was great to be out and now my step son wants an Arctic Armor suit too.
Do those Artic Armor suits come in cLoWn CoLoR?

So how long is the recovery going to take? :confused:

Maybe some late ice sMeltZs?... or a brownie or whitey or two off the pier this spring?

Here's hoping that things go well with the back!!

Will definitely be in touch!!

dOnnIe BoY

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
Nice job Robert, get your fix in. Hope they can fix you up right the first time bro.

Maybe I can borrow your bird while you are down?:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just about everyone here has already said it, but I wanted to add my well wishes also. Nice Fish, a successful surgery, and a speedy recovery. Hopefully you make it back out before last ice.

·
Premium Member
10,804 Posts
Hi Robert, congrats on the nice fish! Just wanted to add my $.02 and wish you the best on your upcoming surgery, hope you have a speedy recovery! :)

·
Super Moderator
MMMmmm Scooby Snacks RULE!
16,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to all of you fine folks for the kind words & well wishes.
I am going under the knife at the end of this month, I am officially scheduled with a surgeon.:)
It's kind of a scary thing - but I can't keep popping pills & gimping for the rest of my days...

Here's what those fillets looked like AFTER she spent the night in the trunk and just before my step son took off her pants & jacket....

:lol:

Have fun & be safe!!

RAS

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Nice eyeball Robert. Best of luck on the surgery, your rehab, and before you know it, you'll be back out there losing large northern again.

Actually, this ain't too bad a time of year to be laid up for a while. Best wishes!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts