Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put a new barrel on and went to the range for some sighting in ,
using black horn powder ,250 gr. shock wave bullets in mag express sabots (the black ones) and CCI 209 primers.
wow did I ever get a good one . easily a 1MOA shooter
I use 9 inch paper plates for targets with a thumb tack in center . after hitting center and high at 50yd, I then made the first shot at the 100yd and the target fell , i'd hit the tack. ............I like hitting the tack.
looking forward to the next time so I can take a few shots at the two hundred yard target, maybe even the three hundred.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
Good job! I always appreciated the Encore platform rifles.

What charge were you using?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Most guns top out near 120 grains, as a safe upper level charge. I just don't think one gains much trying to push it beyond that, by volume of course.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
As with all firearms, the first order of business is ACCURACY. If a certain charge is producing great accuracy, it should be THAT charge. Pushing the charge to the upper limit of what is safely recommended will only give you a sore shoulder, not to mention a possible mishap.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
on my phone.:)
first I shot to see if I could even hit the plate at 200 . second shot confirmed it . then ,my bad ,I over adjusted the scope and had to readjust to get it to hit center target.
where does one have to aim to hit the 300yd ?

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
on my phone.:)
first I shot to see if I could even hit the plate at 200 . second shot confirmed it . then ,my bad ,I over adjusted the scope and had to readjust to get it to hit center target.
where does one have to aim to hit the 300yd ?
Send me a PM if you'd like or post it here with more information about exactly what you're shooting, especially the BC of the bullet. I can get you in the ball park.

With a 100yd zero, it'll drop in the neighborhood of about 36" at 300yds, depending on your charge and velocity.

(Haven't woke up yet LOL)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts